Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

They have just (today) officially closed the NWT borders. Only NWT residents allowed to cross and exceptions for medical people and supplies. Air Canada has suspended flights in and out of the Territory. People who had been abroad have to quarantine for two weeks at home and with the new just announced ruing, even people travelling within Canada. We got back from a trip to Ottawa last week and must stay home and quarantine ourselves for the next week - it was back dated two weeks! Fortunately I had already gone to the beer store.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, YK Thom said:

They have just (today) officially closed the NWT borders. Only NWT residents allowed to cross and exceptions for medical people and supplies. Air Canada has suspended flights in and out of the Territory. People who had been abroad have to quarantine for two weeks at home and with the new just announced ruing, even people travelling within Canada. We got back from a trip to Ottawa last week and must stay home and quarantine ourselves for the next week - it was back dated two weeks! Fortunately I had already gone to the beer store.

Same for Newfoundland and Nova Scotia today.

• Like 1

Gee that sounds familiar.  Re:  RandyH post.

Nothing like that would happen here...

government officials downplayed the severity of the virus and tightly controlled information related to it including its ability to transmit from person to person, the number of people infected

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, parlophone1 said:

On top of Corona virus, we had three bad earthquakes this morning. Last one more serious than this was 140 years ago.

First one was 5,5 Richter, second 5,0 and third 3,7.

There is a lot of damaged buildings. 

Where?

Yikes! I’ve been wondering why Italy has been hit so hard with covid 19. Just read that it could be a consequence of applied TDS. Early in this episode Pres  Trump placed restrictions on travelers coming to America from China and the action was denounced as ‘racist’ rather than prudent. In Italy the gov’t embraced the former notion and reactively chose intentionally to ‘not’ be ‘racist’ (seriously). They intentionally did not place any restrictions on travelers coming in from China to ‘not’ be like Trump. The highlight of this was in Florence where the mayor declared a “Hug a Chinese Day”. Of course China applauded their response and Italy followed their ill chosen policies and now Italians are dying daily in triple digits. 

I’ll say it again........   this is a mean viral pathogen that cares nothing about politics. 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Yikes! I’ve been wondering why Italy has been hit so hard with covid 19. Just read that it could be a consequence of applied TDS. Early in this episode Pres  Trump placed restrictions on travelers coming to America from China and the action was denounced as ‘racist’ rather than prudent. In Italy the gov’t embraced the former notion and reactively chose intentionally to ‘not’ be ‘racist’ (seriously). They intentionally did not place any restrictions on travelers coming in from China to ‘not’ be like Trump. The highlight of this was in Florence where the mayor declared a “Hug a Chinese Day”. Of course China applauded their response and Italy followed their ill chosen policies and now Italians are dying daily in triple digits. 

I’ll say it again........   this is a mean viral pathogen that cares nothing about politics. 

and suddenly closing borders and having borders no less is a good thing

• Thanks 1