Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

I'm surprised some people see such a big difference in business, small ,large and Americans in general. If the economy is wrecked for long I think most everyone will regret it. I recall a time when politicians could work out a deal, in the best interest of their party, but also still helping most. That time is past now that the MEDIA is openly partisan (no more Walter C) , just another untrustworthy lobbyist, and has a anti American (too global) agenda for me. By anti American I include, anything that hurts the AVERAGE AMERICAN's INTEREST. You know, LIFE, LIBERTY, FREEDOM, SPEECH, LISTED RIGHTS. Now it's all about extremes and GRAND STANDING. I always think about the proposition "How do you  negotiate with Iran".....

The worst part....MOST people in this country, certainly Americans actually agree on most issues facing daily life. I suppose that does not get as many views as a train wreck. There are basically NO news outlets I trust to deliver the truth, unvarnished, regardless of who/where it is. I prefer fact based info, with first hand documentation to back it up.

• Like 2

Both of my sons begin on-line college courses from home today.  These are interactive classes.  I've been working from home for a week with frequent WebEx meetings.  So we will be simultaneously in up to three on-line meetings at any given time.  I hope we have the internet bandwidth.  Our internet provider has throttled our internet speed in the past few days (according to speed tests my sons have been doing).  This will be interesting.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Fish said:

I recall a time when politicians could work out a deal, in the best interest of their party, but also still helping most. That time is past now that the MEDIA is openly partisan (no more Walter C) , just another untrustworthy lobbyist, and has a anti American (too global) agenda for me.

Sometimes, I feel that all the discord is healthy free speech and democracy in action.  Compare to China.  No public discord.  Repression and control.  Partisanship in China?  Not a chance!  It's a single-party system.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Sometimes, I feel that all the discord is healthy free speech and democracy in action.

Sadly the proofs to the contrary are daily evident. Take today’s chloroquine headlines for example. The ‘half’ reporting shows Trump irresponsibly recommending an unsafe drug that has ‘killed’ a Nigerian. There’s no mention of the fact that chloroquine has a well understood sensitivity in blacks and those of middle eastern descent and that it is up to the medical professional to safely prescribe the medication.

In law exculpatory evidence cannot be withheld. In reporting they thrive on misquotes, half truths and at times outright lies to color the news more along the lines of propaganda. It is not healthy free speech. It is misusing a public platform to intentionally misinform regardless of which political ‘bent’ is driving the story. The public is so tired of having to fact check.......  and having found so many disparities have understandably no confidence in most so-called news outlets.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Sadly the proofs to the contrary are daily evident. Take today’s chloroquine headlines for example. The ‘half’ reporting shows Trump irresponsibly recommending an unsafe drug that has ‘killed’ a Nigerian. There’s no mention of the fact that chloroquine has a well understood sensitivity in blacks and those of middle eastern descent and that it is up to the medical professional to safely prescribe the medication.

In law exculpatory evidence cannot be withheld. In reporting they thrive on misquotes, half truths and at times outright lies to color the news more along the lines of propaganda. It is not healthy free speech. It is misusing a public platform to intentionally misinform regardless of which political ‘bent’ is driving the story. The public is so tired of having to fact check.......  and having found so many disparities have understandably no confidence in most so-called news outlets.

Great example!  I sympathize with your frustration, but freedom of speech protects idiots, too.  I don't think crappy press coverage should be the impetus for government regulation.  Other than that, what else can we do?

• Like 2

What really sucks is having to try and fact check about everything you hear with multiple sources to try and weed through all of the BS.  I do that on a regular basis and have for a long time, but many people do not and get their information and form opinions on bad information. 

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Pete H said:

What really sucks is having to try and fact check about everything you hear with multiple sources to try and weed through all of the BS.  I do that on a regular basis and have for a long time, but many people do not and get their information and form opinions on bad information. 

Well, you've got nothing better to do at this point.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Randyh said:

?

Sometimes when I'm on my phone I'll read and answer a post thinking I'm replying to the last post in the thread.  When it posts it ends at the end which can be 2 or 3 pages forward from the post I thought I was replying to and is totally out of context where it ends up.  If that makes sense...........................  Then I delete it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Randyh said:

when people are sick , and no help around , that can happen ----now  when  the President of the USA says go for it  , it sounds pretty Official

I assume only a doctor can administer this medicine.  Doctors are regulated.  They are not required or authorized to make medical decisions based on speeches by politicians.

Also, orders are official.  Speeches are not.

• Like 1