Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

17 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

great news Jason, answered prayers for sure ... don’t imagine a hospital is a safe place right about now.  

The hospital is rarely a safe place even under good circumstances. Never allow a loved one to be alone there. Advocacy is the most human thing you can do and can save lives. I have the highest regard for the medical pros. But even they are sometimes lacking. Just like any other profession.

I am glad for Jason, his dad and all the family.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Randyh said:

Elon Musk should run for President , really nice guy ------and others who have money could do a lot more to help  the poor and the homeless -

Just one guy with help from others.

Sure there are others un named, 

rich and poor asking what is needed that they are willing to do.

Some just have more recognition.

Corporate and business Goodwill

Is a good thing.Of course, we know that. Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

It's hard to build houses from home, or so I would imagine.

I used to install acoustic suspended ceilings. I told my boss one day that I would work longer and harder than anyone if I could install and uninstall ceilings in my garage. He thought it was a dumb idea! I tried

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Randyh said:

Elon Musk should run for President , really nice guy ------and others who have money could do a lot more to help  the poor and the homeless -

We don't want that.  He is actually helping the human race right where he is.  That will come grinding to a halt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

It's hard to build houses from home, or so I would imagine.

Right now it's a matter of just trying to retain our customer base until things get back to normal, and at the same time, attempt to move the projects that are in process as much as I can while also trying to coordinate any emergency service that may pop up, electrical, plumbing or anything else that would be a real emergency for customers.  

at what point will the world governments decide that the cure (isolation) is worse than the disease and tell everyone to get back to work and we'll just deal with the 4% of deaths? obviously, this wouldn't be a health & safety decision, but one to save their economy. 

Not saying that is what should be done, just been wondering, while I have nothing else to do. 

economies did exist in some form long before we were on the scene, but not as we've experienced it. with the whole world in isolation, how long can "life as we've known it" exist?

I guess it could be rebuilt quicker than it was originally built. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

tell everyone to get back to work

Peoples lives are being saved by reducing contact with each other.  The goal is to keep the infected people at a level that the health care system can handle.  Having 10,000 people infected in one month creates a different load on the system than having those same 10,000 people infected over a 4 month period.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

at what point will the world governments decide that the cure (isolation) is worse than the disease and tell everyone to get back to work and we'll just deal with the 4% of deaths? obviously, this wouldn't be a health & safety decision, but one to save their economy. 

Not saying that is what should be done, just been wondering, while I have nothing else to do. 

economies did exist in some form long before we were on the scene, but not as we've experienced it. with the whole world in isolation, how long can "life as we've known it" exist?

1st off they’re unsure whether survivors of these infections actually obtain lifelong immunity. Other forms of corona viruses do not impart lifelong immunity. You get a couple of years and then lose the immunity. This is why Coronavirus colds get caught again and again. Covid 19 could turn into an annual event replaying the same ugly scenario over and over.  2ndly the more people who get covid 19 the more opportunities it has to mutate into something that could be even more lethal. 3rdly there are other sequalae to having the disease that are unknown. Lung scarring, loss of smell and taste are 2 possible long term being discussed as consequences of getting and surviving the disease.

Science needs to give us the drugs needed to impart immunity and/or fight this disease. I believe it will be with humanity from here on, rather like measles and polio. We just need to be able to manage it like we can with measles and polio.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I know that you are saying just wondering, but this is not acceptable on any level. 

If 1/3 of the population gets this and 1% dies, that is over 1,000,000 dead in the USA.  Is that acceptable?  What if you and everyone you love is in that group.