Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

5 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I know that you are saying just wondering, but this is not acceptable on any level. 

I agree, totally unacceptable. Please don't think my wondering is any form of approval.  That question that I posted was one posed to me this morning and I thought I'd throw it out there for discussion. 

saving lives above all else is the priority. we'll adjust to the economic hardship as we go along. 

• Like 3

Just now, BigStewMan said:

I agree, totally unacceptable. Please don't think my wondering is any form of approval.  That question that I posted was one posed to me this morning and I thought I'd throw it out there for discussion. 

saving lives about all else is the priority. we'll adjust to the economic hardship as we go along. 

I stated that.  Did not want to infer that you felt that people should die to get the economy going. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

What if you and everyone you love is in that group. 

well, I'm in the high risk group with a chronic lung disease, so watching those not take any precautions is particularly bothersome. I have trouble breathing without the virus, if I get it, I'm probably a goner. 

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

well, I'm in the high risk group with a chronic lung disease, so watching those not take any precautions is particularly bothersome. I have trouble breathing without the virus, if I get it, I'm probably a goner. 

You stay optimistic man  

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Science needs to give us the drugs needed to impart immunity and/or fight this disease.

and I hope they can soon.   not something that I've given a lot of thought to, but if a person is sick, I've not problem with them being allowed experimental drugs if they so chose. 

I know there are times we need to be protected from ourselves though, but we're not talking about the guy down the street in his garage coming up with some concoction.  If scientists have done some research and it hints at success, why not let people try if they want.

4 minutes ago, billybob said:

You stay optimistic man  

I surely don't want to die from the virus. I'd rather go to sleep, on a normal night, and wake up in eternity as opposed to lying in a hospital with a tube down my throat. 

but, I'm probably in the minority that will not cling for life. Told my family decades ago, if I'm sick or injured, allow reasonable treatment if there is a good chance at success, no heroic measures just to keep me technically alive. 

but, you're right ... we should strive for optimism. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

I really hope that helps.  Ill have my doctor prescribe gin and tonic.

Sounds good...used to like to drink it for some reason. Probably for the gin also.  Maybe malaria, that's it 

13 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I had stated "What if you and everyone you love is in that group."

That looks misleading, sorry and poor drafting on my part.  Sorry.

Stay well. 

1 minute ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

That looks misleading, sorry and poor drafting on my part.  Sorry.

thanks, but you did nothing wrong.  I was just clarifying my position to avoid any misinterpretation -- on this forum, I just write like I'm brainstorming or reacting, I don't worry much of spelling, grammar, or sometimes even how I word things. more like a casual conversation that an essay exam that will be graded. 

the day I have to put that much effort into my posts is the day I quit posting completely. 

1 minute ago, Seadog said:

Maybe Klipsch and Associates could manufacture masks, using materials on hand.

Or they could donate the ones that the painters are supposed to use.....................................

49 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

2ndly the more people who get covid 19 the more opportunities it has to mutate into something that could be even more lethal.

On the other hand, people might develop their own immunity.  The possibility is on both sides of it getting better or worse for the world's population.

47 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

If 1/3 of the population gets this and 1% dies, that is over 1,000,000 dead in the USA.  Is that acceptable?

Just know this:  We've had a very sheltered life.  These moral standards can change very quickly given significant changes in circumstances.