Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

5 minutes ago, Randyh said:

China with 1.409 billion people has managed to have 3200 deaths in 5 months , while the USA in 2 weeks in over 500--------maybe they do have a cure ans we don't

They do, lock down, if you have a fever, you are carted away, if you refuse to stay indoors, they weld you in, no excuses. 

Can't do that here, price of additional freedoms, but we could have had so much more done since the intelligence report to the pres and congress intelligence committees over two months ago.  When dealing with an exponential growth, that is an eternity. 

Read up on what they did in Taiwan. 

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

They do, lock down, if you have a fever, you are carted away, if you refuse to stay indoors, they weld you in, no excuses. 

Can't do that here, price of additional freedoms, but we could have had so much more done since the intelligence report to the pres and congress intelligence committees over two months ago.  When dealing with an exponential growth, that is an eternity. 

They can and they, read up on Typhoid Mary..3 years in isolation,  followed by 15 years because she wouldn't stop cooking.

32 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Do you really believe any of the statistics coming out of China?  I'm not picking on you, or picking a fight, but really, using any of their reported numbers would be negligent, IMHO. 

10 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Typhoid Mary passed the disease around in her homemade ice cream, as I recall.

She was a cook that did not wash her hands in any meaningful way after using bathroom.

May have used apron instead.

Thus became the medical forensic chapter if the relatively new investigate science. Watched PBS 

Program on it, maybe too long ago to remember the details.

40 minutes ago, Randyh said:

the numbers dont add up -   even if you lock everybody up , in China people live in different conditions , big groups in 1 house , shoe box  apartments in the cities ,   shared bathrooms  for each floor in highrises --- enormous garbage production - the numbers are 4,5-5 fold -----workers live in open wide dorms -------train stations are huge , metro systems are so big , you can lose yourself   ----public transit  is everywhere  , people have to go out to the market to get basics for food every day  ---crowds are dense   ---------no such thing as huge fridges-freezers -stocking up for food in China is not like in the USA   , you can only eat  so much rice ---- lodging is too small for the average chinese person  -

20 minutes ago, Pete H said:

Do you really believe any of the statistics coming out of China?  I'm not picking on you, or picking a fight, but really, using any of their reported numbers would be negligent, IMHO. 

This is from a documentary that I saw and most footage was shot with cell phones.  They don't weld everyone in, but I did see footage of doors being welded shut.  I think I posted it here 40 or so pages back.  Worth watching. 

I am also not a fan of the Chinese government as per my posts yesterday (I am disgusted by their government) and don't trust their numbers. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, billybob said:

She was a cook that did not wash her hands in any meaningful way after using bathroom.

May have used apron instead.

Thus became the medical forensic chapter if the relatively new investigate science. Watched PBS 

Program on it, maybe too long ago to remember the details.

Poor hand washing for sure. But the items that she prepared and ‘cooked’ got hot enough to kill the bacteria. Her tour de force recipe was homemade peach ice cream. She cooked the custard for the ice cream base but she added the raw peaches into the mix just before freezing. She skinned and cut the peaches with her dirty hands and that’s the vector most presume passed on the infections.  I love homemade peach ice cream. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Randyh said:

did you ever see a person working outside in a hot dog -hamburger -falafel-bagel - stand ----wash their hands -----after they handle money or change -

It’s been awhile since I’ve been to a food kiosk. But I seem to recall servers wearing ill fitting vinyl gloves which they did not wash between prepping meals. The order taker ran the till but did not wash either. This was in California and I know their food safety regulations were stringent but it does seem pretty sloppy as you say.

11 minutes ago, Randyh said:

did you ever see a person working outside in a hot dog -hamburger -falafel-bagel - stand ----wash their hands -----after they handle money or change -

Like I said, you would be a great moderator.

28 minutes ago, Randyh said:

More than once I left places like that, sometimes i will tell them why. I'm sure that it's done all of the time, don't let me see it. 

Well.  Another day and no bill passed for aid in Congress.  The dysfunction is unbelievable yet predictable.   Both sides see this as a must pass bill and are taking every opportunity to slide things in that have nothing to do with the crisis at hand.  People will be looking for help and all they'll get is sound bites of bickering.  It would be sad if it weren't the status quo. 

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

More than once I left places like that, sometimes i will tell them why. I'm sure that it's done all of the time, don't let me see it. 

14 minutes ago, Randyh said:

best is to eat at home

I worked in restaurants in the late 1980s, you need to rely on your immune system.  Same most certainly applies to the grocery store except that you can clean and thoroughly cook food. 

Before this virus I ate salads every night, so I had to rely on the good stuff in the raw veggies to protect me from the bad stuff on them.  Go figure. 

• Like 1