Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

2 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

a lily pad is growing in a pond and it doubles in size every day. after 30 days it covers the entire pond. on what day does it cover half pond?

Is this an anecdotal reference to the COVID?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

You google the answer? 😜

This virus is doubling every few days.

I have been tracking the USA and the official number from Johns Hopkins is tracking at about a 50% increase per day.  That is tested results, not actual, so your numbers seem very reasonable.

I just saw a clip from a new conference and apparently we are going to open up for business again real soon, so I expect your number to rise. 

12 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Well.  Another day and no bill passed for aid in Congress.  The dysfunction is unbelievable yet predictable.   Both sides see this as a must pass bill and are taking every opportunity to slide things in that have nothing to do with the crisis at hand.  People will be looking for help and all they'll get is sound bites of bickering.  It would be sad if it weren't the status quo. 

we need a rule that says that they vote on one thing at a time ... i hate when they slip in their pet projects into bills that have absolutely nothing to do with the name on the bill.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

we need a rule that says that they vote on one thing at a time ... i hate when they slip in their pet projects into bills that have absolutely nothing to do with the name on the bill.

That's exactly what's going on.  

Just now, CECAA850 said:

That's exactly what's going on.  

some look at this as a once in a lifetime ordeal ... to members of congress it’s just another day at the office. Sad part is that the same idiots that put these people in office will keep them in office. maybe we do get the government that we deserve after all. 

These images are 3 days apart. If we look at just the death rate and claimed that 5,000 people will die every three days, then we are on a 60,000 people dead in one year track... but that math isn't what it is. It's not a linear line, it's an exponential curve. 

In 3 days, there were ~ 100,000 additional confirmed cases. Care to guess how many more there will be in 3 more days? 

germany.thumb.png.32b853a8b6961217bd6e84b89272c0bd.png

1798648584_3days.thumb.png.eed5ef9be01f6d3ade258673291775d3.png

14 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Clinton previously attempted to stop this with the so-called line-item veto.    The S Ct held it was Unconstitutional.  

2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

which is why i ask people (who never answer) why such loyalty to ANY party when they don’t give a rip about you? 

If they did answer they'd say their side cares about them. 

3 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

In 3 days, there were ~ 100,000 additional confirmed cases. Care to guess how many more there will be in 3 more days?

But will these be newly-infected people, or just people getting tested now that testing is becoming widely available?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Clinton previously attempted to stop this with the so-called line-item veto.    The S Ct held it was Unconstitutional.  

yes, you’re right.  couldn’t the House and the Senate adopt their own rules saying that a proposed bill could only pertain to a single issue?  

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

But that only applied to the bill that actually reached him correct?  We can't even get that far now.

True.  Who's more selfish?  The ones injecting the pork, or the ones who refuse to allow the pork?  If this problem needs a quick response as they claim...