Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Clinton previously attempted to stop this with the so-called line-item veto.    The S Ct held it was Unconstitutional.  

Line item veto was for budget bills.

The special interest add ons for an appropriations bill are usually called "earmarks". The whole bill has to be approved, or vetoed.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

True.  Who's more selfish?  The ones injecting the pork, or the ones who refuse to allow the pork?  If this problem needs a quick response as they claim...

Off the top of my head I'd say the injectors.

9 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

i saw something that said the House’s bill contained stuff about voter registration and colleges not being allowed to ask students their citizenship status.  

yet, those that vote against it will be accused of having no empathy for those affected by the virus. 

with a little stretch of the imagination, one could view this sort of thing as blackmail.  I’ll give you what you need, but you have to give me what i want. 

sometimes i can’t believe the world we live in. 

There was all sorts of crap in there from abortion to guns.  It's absolutely ridiculous. 

Test kits. It has been suggested that unlimited supplies of fast responding test kits - that can be self administered - would allow the country to go back to work. In theory it allows the entire country to test itself on a frequent (daily?) basis. This provides for immediate diagnosis prior to symptoms becoming evident. The individual testing positive would have to voluntarily quarantine and be treated as required. 

The group who posited this was responding to the notion of when can we loosen the lockdown. Well you cannot do that until the virus is either gone, entirely treatable (curable) or you can quickly track and respond to new cases. In hindsight this would’ve also applied to the initial presentation of the disease in America. Everyone was clamoring for test kits when they were very limited and the tests took a lot of time to complete. Certainly more would have been better.......  but unless they were this idyllic scenario of instant responding test kits for-all we were still going to have our pandemic. The best action that was taken was to halt incoming travelers from Wuhan. Italy did not do this and we see their mess. Still we have only postponed the worst case scenario here and if we do not adhere to our lockdown ‘strictly’ we will follow Italy’s example.

3 hours ago, JJkizak said:

The news this morning said that the Corona virus lasted up to 17 days on the cruise ships surfaces which they found during cleanup.

JJK

So just how did the testers determine when that virus specimen was deposited on the surface? Only way I can see it is to empty the ship (or stateroom) and start day 0 at that time.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, richieb said:

Imagine the looks on their faces if just this one time, while people are freaking out and have been issued “stay in place” order, to look out to see seven or eight hundred thousand people standing out side the capital building  White House.demanding they do their jobs, and right now. Things would get very ugly, very quickly with the point being made - we are sickened by each and every one you and what a perfect time to say - 

You’re Fired 

Fixed it for you.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Yeah I guess it's running it course. About one out of ten posts are on the virus (looks like another Forum member has it, sad news) the other 9 are bitching about politicians. 

Sorry to hear that another member has been infected.  

• Like 2

Dallas county entered a mandatory shelter in place lock down at midnight last night.  Tarrant county (Fort Worth) starts tonight at midnight.  Interestingly, liquor stores are on the list of essential retail.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Seadog said:

Dallas county entered a mandatory shelter in place lock down at midnight last night.  Tarrant county (Fort Worth) starts tonight at midnight.  Interestingly, liquor stores are on the list of essential retail.

For medicinal purposes only I guess.

Tito's and others made sure that was on the list.

San Antonio/Bexar last night, I believe Travis/Williamson counties today. (I guess I should look).