Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:
4 minutes ago, dtel said:

That's only possible if you can post.

I don't think I'll ever get in trouble.  I'm too nice.

Nice has nothing to do with it, I'm nice and look at what I'm expected to do.

For the most part I like everyone here, but it has little to do with what I am expected to do.

If these were not the rules I would be saying much more than many are.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Islander said:

may pay a high price for trusting someone they really should be able to trust, their President.

I hope you don't take offence at this opinion from a foreigner.  Sometimes it helps to see what today's America looks like from the other side of the border.

You're Canadian, Islander (I know you know!) That's not foreign to me.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Islander said:

In an era when a celebrity's opinion is seen as equally valid as decades of scientific research, when the White House tells the public "alternative facts" to explain the "truth" about a complicated situation, it's no surprise that the public, in significant numbers, chooses a single source of information, out of the many contradictory sources that surround it.  

Kind of like them?

snake-church-1.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Kind of like them?

snake-church-1.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&

That's an extreme case, but I hope it never comes to that for the majority of Americans.  The snake-handler group loses followers every now and then, for obvious reasons, but their belief is stronger than their common sense, even when they see their friends die.  This is how people can be convinced to do stupid or terrible things, sometimes on a large scale.  It's scary.

2 minutes ago, Islander said:

but I hope it never comes to that for the majority of Americans

There was a huge religious rally in Louisiana yesterday with about 1800 participants.  This with a shelter in place order in effect and all the evidence pointing to this being a horrible idea. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

There was a huge religious rally in Louisiana yesterday with about 1800 participants.  This with a shelter in place order in effect and all the evidence pointing to this being a horrible idea. 

I would have no problem with them gathering for their beliefs, if they would stay there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

They were drinking  chloroquine phosphate and everyone got an acid wafer too.  They will be just fine. 

1 minute ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I would have no problem with them gathering for their beliefs, if they would stay there. 

The problem is that they wont.  All they'll do is accelerate the spread.