Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

20 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Kind of like them?

snake-church-1.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&

We have a few churches like that close to Chattanooga.  There's a lot more to their services than handling snakes, and not often that someone dies. that photo certainly isn't from any time in recently history.

On 3/20/2020 at 10:23 PM, BigStewMan said:

John ...not sure which of us are "Dude" but, come on ... I don't think anyone was mocking you.  just good natured fun. Look at Brian and my dialogue from earlier -- bust each other's chops and then get over it -- still friends at the end of the day. and that phrase about stupid people is a common phrase and wasn't talking about you.

Cool and the dude was not you, & nobody has mocked me here except the one that does it to everyone! Feels welcoming coming from him as a matter of fact.... brotherly. So I just decided to cool off for a bit. I put a you'd as in "you would" used here anyways prior to that so not mentioning favored polit-bureau names wouldn't cause it to happen.

I'm still fed up with not getting notifications from the forums & not getting one iota of a response from the Administrator @Chad

This place is in my contacts list still, and I dumped spec um last year for att (they shut down google-fiber literally two blocks away from here) so maybe they have both labeled the Klipsch Community Forums as a spammer because of dumb-dumbs not knowing how to configure their notifications.

Roads here are better than 3/4ths less traffic than normal. We've got a lock-down (shelter in place) order that takes effect tomorrow at 8:00am until mid April.

Empty shelves everywhere. So if we're not out of stuff in this country like the hilarious toilet paper warehouse video, then the trucking industry is not functioning normally!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

So I just decided to cool off for a bit.

I disappeared from the forum numerous times ... once for over a year.  i've probably disappeared for two years if you add up all my vacations from here. 

best you can, just let negative comments drift past you. I'm not looking for anyone's validation here so that helps limit my disappointment too. 

I still think it should be a law that everyone likes me, but that's just not going to happen. 

• Like 1

Hey @BigStewMan Yep I recall that a while back after your move I think.

So yea politics of one side are acceptable here and the other isn't right to me. Like everywhere else in my life it seems, got a half an hour to sit down so I'm typing away. Had montezumas revenge that evening too, hate stomach aches but love peppers, beans and all that stuff. My guts don't like it too much anymore like when I ate nachos for dinner for months when I was a teen... and if you're wondering it's like at the ball park but no cheeze whiz,  j a p s - cheddar - chips - in the oven. not the wave.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Yep I recall that a while back after your move I think.

He got pissed because Brian never sent him a toaster.  I had to send him some bourbon to come back.  I've since been chastised for that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Italy has 74,386 cases and 7,503 deaths.

The US has 60,115 cases and 841 deaths (from another site).

Does anyone think the virus is not as deadly to Americans?  This is why I say you have to take the numbers with caution.  

Anyone care to speculate on why the drastic difference?

image.thumb.png.b6d60159bbc85f6e954b1f104a581123.png

7 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Anyone care to speculate on why the drastic difference?

more virulent strain there?  

never been to Italy ... closer living quarters so initially exposure was to a greater number of people?  I mean, we see the number from NYC compared to other US cities. 

17 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I've since been chastised for that.

who did that?  certainly wasn't me ... unless I was under the influence of said bourbon.

oh yeah, my toaster was lost in the mail ... actually, I can't even remember the last time I ate a piece of toast.

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

I was chastised for bringing you backB)

well, that's make sense ... it wasn't the best decision that you've ever made, gots to agree with that. but, the bourbon was nice.  maybe I should go away again. 

• Haha 1

Here in Belgium we have 2650 intensive care units for a population on 10.8 million, all of us have access to them if required thanks to 100% healthcare insurance. 

We live in lockdown so that we flatten the curve and keep the numbers of people who need icu below that capacity. Now we hope the health care personnel can cope with this for a long time.... 

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

and yet you accepted the job of moderator.   😀

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

He was on vacation when it happened and the last one to say "not it".

Yep I accepted it, well if that counts signing in and it was under my name already, but they were smart they never asked me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

and yet you accepted the job of moderator.   😀

Wait to you see it pop under your name :o:D And it won't go away and people think you have a clue, remember it's like a new phone, it comes with NO instructions.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dtel said:

Wait to you see it pop under your name :o:D And it won't go away and people think you have a clue, remember it's like a new phone, it comes with NO instructions.

this forum would fold before they made me a moderator. besides, a few here really drive me crazy -- you'd start calling me Señor Hammer.