Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

1 hour ago, Marvel said:
21 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

snake-church-1.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&

We have a few churches like that close to Chattanooga.  There's a lot more to their services than handling snakes, and not often that someone dies. that photo certainly isn't from any time in recently history.

I don't know how West Virginia churches are doing in recent times with regards to snake handling but I assure you that back in the 1960's in the backwoods of southern West Virginia that snake handling was a thing.

2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

do plumbers count as snake handlers?  if so, is plumbing a religion?

Plumbers are definitely snake handlers but more like kings than priests as they normally are around the throne.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
Just now, CECAA850 said:

Plumbers are definitely snake handlers but more like kings than priests as they normally are around the throne.

We posted at the same time, scary it was close to the same answer.

Grocery Store Update:  I live near a West Virginia city of 40,000.  I stopped by the local Walmart which is usually open 24/7 but they closed at 830pm just as I was getting there.

I moved on to the local Kroger's an hour before they closed at 10p, usually close at midnight.  Even at the end of the evening there was plenty of fresh fruit, plenty of chicken, pork and beef.  Most but not all the bread was gone.  Plenty of alcohol products, plenty of pop.  In fact Coke and Pepsi were on sale for 99 cents, usually about $1.50 or so.

I didn't check on TP but I found plenty of OJ.  I like Kroger OJ and bought a couple of gallons which is the typical quantity for me.  The store seemed like it had the usual amount of customers for that time of night, not really crowded, no long lines at the register.  It seemed like there was a lot of employees at the check out (the young kids) and both Walmart and Kroger had signs out that they were hiring.

Light traffic on the road, down about 80% by my guess-timate.

Here is why I can't play racquetball, as my club is owned by WVU Medicine, Camden Clark Hospital.  This is the entrance.

Health Wellness Center closed_small.jpg

Health Wellness Center tent_small.jpg

17 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I don't know how West Virginia churches are doing in recent times with regards to snake handling but I assure you that back in the 1960's in the backwoods of southern West Virginia that snake handling was a thing.

Head of the Psychology Dept. at Covenant College, where I worked in IT, had visited a bunch of churches over in Alabama and done video of a lot of the services and did interviews with church members and pastors. While they did handle snakes, it was not a major part of their services, sometimes not at all.

• Like 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

That IS scary.  Worse for you that you thought like I did.

It's what I was thinking, I thought you were closer to normal, oh wait never mind.

51 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Italy has 74,386 cases and 7,503 deaths.

The US has 60,115 cases and 841 deaths (from another site).

Does anyone think the virus is not as deadly to Americans?  This is why I say you have to take the numbers with caution.  

Anyone care to speculate on why the drastic difference?

Its because Italians eat that stupid Mediterranean diet, and they eat slowly in groups and take time off of work to talk and relax when they eat, while Americans eat McNuggets, Doritos, and doughnuts and wash them down with sodas while driving to work.  Our country has built up an immunity. 

Or, maybe it is because Italy is way ahead of us in the curve (two weeks or so, which is a very long time when dealing with exponential growth) and things are about to get much worse here.  In the last week our tested and reported cases have increased ten fold.  We had 6,000 cases last Wednesday.  Oh, we were so innocent back then, in the good ole days.

Either theory is equally as valid.  You pick. 

22 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

VERY limited sugar intake for me.  it doesn't take much sugar to get my insides upset. 

Good for you!  This is a very big deal, especially right now. 

I watched a Ted Talk a few years back where they showed test results where sugar, flour and alcohol all have the same effect on your body as far as your liver and kidneys and other organs (except for the high from alcohol). 

Avoid this stuff right now as your immune system is all that you have.  My 35+ years of allergies are basically gone. 

Beware, most foods marketed as "healthy" are just as bad as drinking liquor for breakfast every day (insert your jokes here).

Here is a good talk (one of many):

https://medium.com/@dr.jodynd/sugar-is-not-a-treat-tedx-talk-d87af127e39

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Randyh said:

dIet has nothing to do with it ,  they had an influx of tourists from China -South Korea ,  all over Italy , spain --------and so the virus spread faster  -

I did some research: 

Sarcasm is an ironic or satirical remark tempered by humor. Mainly, people use it to say the opposite of what's true

• Like 1