Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

my Asthma is bothering me quite a bit today. If I get this virus, I'll probably go downhill quickly.  in fact, I just told my brother that if that happens, I do not want to be on a ventilator, just let the clock run out. 

Years ago, I laid in an emergency room for eight hours with my Asthma. This older guy was in there too, whining the entire time how he couldn't breathe.  He got discharged about 10 minutes before I did.  When I left, he was sitting on a bench smoking a cigarette.  Smoking must be one powerful addiction or his memory is awfully short. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

When I left, he was sitting on a bench smoking a cigarette.  Smoking must be one powerful addiction or his memory is awfully short. 

The doctor told me one of the affects of smoking is the smoke deadens the Cilia which can make you cough less. Wife found this out when trying to quit cigarettes with an E-cigarette which does not have all the chemicals which causes that effect, and most of the others. She would not cough with cigarettes but did with the E cig, a different/lighter type of liquid fixed that

The nicotine is not really the problem with smoking, it's everything else that goes along with it, including other chemicals added.

18 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Smoking must be one powerful addiction or his memory is awfully short. 

When my daughter was in TX Childrens hospital we'd walk from the Ronald McDonald house where we were staying to the hospital to be with her.  On the way we'd pass the M.D. Anderson cancer center.  There was obviously no smoking in the hospital or on the grounds.  Every day we'd pass a group of smokers in front of the hospital.  Every one of them would be hooked up to a rolling IV pole receiving cancer meds.

Just now, CECAA850 said:

When my daughter was in TX Childrens hospital we'd walk from the Ronald McDonald house where we were staying to the hospital to be with her.  On the way we'd pass the M.D. Anderson cancer center.  There was obviously no smoking in the hospital or on the grounds.  Every day we'd pass a group of smokers in front of the hospital.  Every one of them would be hooked up to a rolling IV pole receiving cancer meds.

I like that McDonald's has a charity, but question their motives. 

McDonalds, cigarettes and cancer, seems like a likely trio. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:
25 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Smoking must be one powerful addiction or his memory is awfully short. 

It is very powerful addiction, they say as much as any drug ?

• Moderators

One guy had an idea to distance himself from his neighbor but still have beer with him.

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/man-beer-coronavirus-rc-car-neighbor

Video footage was uploaded to social media showing two neighbors sharing a beer while also still practicing social distancing. Since they live across the street from each other, however, they had to get a little creative.

Trevor Reinke, from Milwaukee, Wisc., shared the footage of the beer's trip across the street on his Facebook page. In the video, his neighbor Eric Trzcinski uses an RC car to drive the beer from one house, across the street and right up Reinke's driveway.

Trzcinski recently had the idea while driving home from work, Fox 6 reports. According to the news outlet, the self-proclaimed "car guy" strapped a spare exhaust tip to the back of an RC car, which made for the perfect beer bottle holder.

CORONA BEER DISPUTES CORONAVIRUS 'MISINFORMATION' FOLLOWING BACKLASH FOR HARD SELTZER AD

He then reportedly called up Reinke and told him to start filming once Trzcinski's garage door started to open.

Fortunately, Trzcinski was able to navigate the car around traffic and successfully drive the beer to his neighbor. Since the footage was first uploaded, it's garnered over 6 million views.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I like that McDonald's has a charity, but question their motives.

Whatever the motives it was a God send.  We spent 45 days there and they charge $15.00/night for the accommodations and no charge to park in their garage.  The first night we stayed in Houston when she got sick we stayed in the cheapest hotel we could find and it was $100.00/night.  They also have a community kitchen we had access to and refrigeration access by room number.

• Like 2

Just now, Randyh said:

and it 's kept very clean -

It was nicer and newer than the hotel we stayed in the first night.  There were always companies sponsoring meals for the guests and most days fresh fruit put out for breakfast. 

13 minutes ago, Randyh said:

if these numbers are right , they are increasing by 200 deaths every day  in the USA - 10 on average in Canada

Someone else posted this site earlier in the thread.  I put it in my favorites so that I could easily find it.  It's updated a few times an hour.

https://infection2020.com/

43 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

McDonalds, cigarettes and cancer, seems like a likely trio. 

When i was about 20, i knew this guy that would take any drug that was given to him; but wouldn’t eat at McDonalds because they fry their burgers and that causes cancer. 

Somehow his message didn’t get through to many since he would take drugs from a total stranger. 

36 minutes ago, dtel said:

One guy had an idea to distance himself from his neighbor but still have beer with him.

i read about that, but that neighbor still handled that beer, so how safe was it actually? 

i was someone’s house in Washington State years ago. The neighbor comes over and we’re all hanging out. The guy says “watch this.” and he tells his dog to get him a beer. 

The dog runs next door and comes back with a can of beer in its mouth.

He had taught the dog to open the fridge and get a beer. 

52 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Whatever the motives it was a God send.  We spent 45 days there and they charge $15.00/night for the accommodations and no charge to park in their garage.  The first night we stayed in Houston when she got sick we stayed in the cheapest hotel we could find and it was $100.00/night.  They also have a community kitchen we had access to and refrigeration access by room number.

I am glad that is was there for you and very sorry to hear that you needed the service. 

Not to derail this, but it is the least that they can do.  McDonalds is responsible for a huge amount of illness.