Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

They sent it out over our phones at ten `till eight this morning.

IMG-20200326-095815.jpg

It is quiet out there. A lot less air traffic too, it's like after 9-11 without the fighter jets screaming by all the time.

Past week I tightened up a little and I'm also shucking my clothes after errands. Actually took off my good clothes and put on the yardwork stuff back on the other day before I went out.

I just got one for Harris County (Houston), Texas.

We have no cases in my county in Georgia, but not doing too well in the rest of the state:

COVID-19 Confirmed Cases No. Cases (%)
Total 1525 (100%)
Hospitalized 473(31.02%)
Deaths 48 (3.15%

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Montgomery might as well be Harris.  It's densely populated all the way from Houston to Conroe.

And Montgomery county does yet not have a shelter in place mandate.  Most of my family lives there.  I talked to my sister yesterday, and she said most people were moving about as if things were normal.  My elderly parents, both 85, live in that county.  

• Like 1

The conclusion of this study raises the question of whether receiving an annual flu shot increases a person's susceptibility to corona:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31607599

It would be interesting to see data which correlates the extremely severe cases with flu vaccination (I need to stop discussing this with my buddies in the medical community!).

Maynard

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seadog said:

The elevated benzene levels there will probably kill the virus.

Unfortunately it hasn't.  Yes, I know you were joking.

Today we heard of the 50+ year old male band director who died from the virus and the 90+ year old grandmother that recovered from it.

• Like 1

Went to Costco this morning 8-9 for us old folks. Got there just before 8, line down side of building, into the store around 8:30.

I think they did a good job letting about 20 in at a time as another twenty exits. Kept store well spaced out and cashiers lines short, no one really stacked up. For the most part inventory looked normal - plenty of bread, only 2% and whole milk, paper towels good, TP looked low as  the first ones in got their limit, plenty of cereals, frozen foods, meat. All in all I have nothing to complain about in light of the situation. Gas - $1.59 / $1.99

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1