Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

17 minutes ago, tube fanatic said:

The conclusion of this study raises the question of whether receiving an annual flu shot increases a person's susceptibility to corona:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31607599

It would be interesting to see data which correlates the extremely severe cases with flu vaccination (I need to stop discussing this with my buddies in the medical community!).

Maynard

Asked if getting a flu shot was good or bad at this point, a panel of doctors answering submitted questions said yes, get the flu shot. For the flu of course, not “the virus” which it has no effect.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

How about those who want to shelter in place, do so; those who don’t...don’t?

Pretty much.  There's been some mandates like restaurant seating closures, business closings etc and those people are probably electing to stay in.  The only prepared food you can get is to go or drive through.  Grocery stores will only let parties of one in.  They're trying the whole social distancing thing but really need to shut it down.  I'm still at work as they consider automotive repairs essential.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Randyh said:

USA

81,996 +13,785 deaths 1,177 +150 1,864 78,955 2,112 248 4
China 81,285 +67 3,287 +6 74,051 3,947 1,235 56 2
Italy 80,589 +6,203 8,215 +712 10,361 62,013 3,612 1,333 136
Spain 56,347 +6,832 4,154 +507 7,015 45,178 3,166 1,205 89
Germany 43,646 +6,323 262 +56 5,673 37,711 23 521 3
Iran 29,406 +2,389 2,234 +157 10,457 16,715 2,746 350 27
France 29,155 +3,922 1,696 +365  

I'm guessing that I know what the first few columns represent but not too sure about the ones on the far right.  As far as I'm concerned they need to leave all data from China off the charts.  I don't believe any of it.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

How about those who want to shelter in place, do so; those who don’t...don’t?

Our hiways look deserted - maybe 30% of normal. But I have noticed how many people are now walkers - never seen so many on the sidewalks. 

• Like 1

Draganfly is here! Gotta love intuitive thinkers and modern tech stuff. Digital Trends will be deploying “Draganfly” a pandemic drone devised and set to detect fevers due to illness and the overt symptoms of a respiratory infection, coughing and sneezing. Australia has ponied up $1.5 million Aussie dollars to use the drones to monitor the public looking for sick people. Guess this is ‘big’ brother on duty big-time. So what will they do when they spy someone sick-in-public? Already drones are used to police the general quarantine in a number of countries. When they locate someone outdoors they essentially ‘yell’ at them to get back indoors. Will Dragonfly send you home too? Will it yell to others around you to get away from the lady wearing the red hat? Or will you get swept away by the infection authority, taken by surprise captured in some human sized bug net?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Draganfly is here! Gotta love intuitive thinkers and modern tech stuff. Digital Trends will be deploying “Draganfly” a pandemic drone devised and set to detect fevers due to illness and the overt symptoms of a respiratory infection, coughing and sneezing. Australia has ponied up $1.5 million Aussie dollars to use the drones to monitor the public looking for sick people. Guess this is ‘big’ brother on duty big-time. So what will they do when they spy someone sick-in-public? Already drones are used to police the general quarantine in a number of countries. When they locate someone outdoors they essentially ‘yell’ at them to get back indoors. Will Dragonfly send you home too? Will it yell to others around you to get away from the lady wearing the red hat? Or will you get swept away by the infection authority, taken by surprise captured in some human sized bug net?

I'm not sure which is more frightening, the virus or the spy drones.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

We had a large jump in the numbers today in the USA, and the day is not over1359069958_halfmil.thumb.png.d7a422789a4a109989172803f92c5bd0.png. And I still don't believe China's numbers.

20 minutes ago, Randyh said:

we just hit 1300 deaths mark in the USA ---

We may have missed The Final Four but keeping score nonetheless — 🏀📈📉🧮8️⃣0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣▶️

• Like 1

Just wanted to give an update on dad and offer for those who wish to fight the virus.

Dad had a heart attack as you probably already know, there are 3 main artery and one is totally clogged and one side of the heart is barely functioning. 3 stints were put in the worst artery but they say he is too weak right now for replacements and recommend he get stronger before another procedure. He is home as of yesterday.

I have been folding@home for nearly 20 years for research of diseases and figured it would be a good idea to start a team here if there are some interested.

<here> is some information but to make the story short the folding is done in the background of your computer and benefits disease research such as this virus.

Its much busier than normal and may be clogged with new folders but is worth it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1