Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

Just a comment re. the health care workers ... Wife has a recurring debilitating tooth/nerve problem.  Dentist has done a bunch of work, but it comes back once in a blue moon.  It is terrible pain, she can't function/sleep etc.  Of course, it came back a few days ago.  We went to emergency at best hospital here.  She didn't think they'd even talk to her, I said they'd be more than accommodating to help.  Wife went in, I stayed in car.  Sure enough, emerge wasn't overflowing and they were very organized. Doctor and all staff could not have been more empathetic, helpful and kind.  She was out in record time.  Spoke to her GP and Dentist, as well as corporate medical officer (she's senior enough that they care).  All in all, the health care workers are busting their butts, in front line and doing it with amazing care.  Thanks to all, stay safe.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, MC39693 said:

Just a comment re. the health care workers ... Wife has a recurring debilitating tooth/nerve problem.  Dentist has done a bunch of work, but it comes back once in a blue moon.  It is terrible pain, she can't function/sleep etc.  Of course, it came back a few days ago.  We went to emergency at best hospital here.  She didn't think they'd even talk to her, I said they'd be more than accommodating to help.  Wife went in, I stayed in car.  Sure enough, emerge wasn't overflowing and they were very organized. Doctor and all staff could not have been more empathetic, helpful and kind.  She was out in record time.  Spoke to her GP and Dentist, as well as corporate medical officer (she's senior enough that they care).  All in all, the health care workers are busting their butts, in front line and doing it with amazing care.  Thanks to all, stay safe.

In Belgium dentists are open only on appointment for medical urgencies. All previous appointments have been canceled indefinitely. 

A dental assistant, a close friend of us, used to work 4/5. Now she only works two half days per week. 

• Like 2

The GP, Dentist and Corp Medical Officer were over the phone.  Also listened to a nurse describing how she has had to change and completely keep separate her clothes, car etc. from her family and rest of house. Big impacts on medical personnel 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MC39693 said:

6 minutes ago, MC39693 said:

The GP, Dentist and Corp Medical Officer were over the phone.  Also listened to a nurse describing how she has had to change and completely keep separate her clothes, car etc. from her family and rest of house. Big impacts on medical personnel 

That is great to hear and happy that she was treated.  So I guess you like your healthcare system. 

I have insurance and that trip to the emergency room would cost me $4,000, which I know from personal experience. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

That is great to hear and happy that she was treated.  So I guess you like your healthcare system. 

I have insurance and that trip to the emergency room would cost me $4,000, which I know from personal experience. 

I bet a day's work by you would cost me similar!

2 minutes ago, Randyh said:

the plastic tubes-valves etc --can harbor the virus for 48 hours -

-https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-8125219/Ventilators-modified-help-FOUR-coronavirus-patients-scientists-say.html

Professor Mark Tooley FREng, a fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering, added: 'I have never heard of ventilators being shared between multiple patients as the process of ventilation is very personal - the controls and sensors are set to satisfy an individual patient needs and wellbeing. 

'The risk of infection would also be high if used for seriously ill patients. In theory it could be possible, but it would be a very complex procedure, fraught with issues. 

You know and was going to comment when talking about filters a couple of days ago.

What are the risks involved by having 2 or more patients needing ventilation from the same machine, and they all have tested positive for the virus?

This is beyond my understanding.

They would not ideally split them yet, what other choice but to go with it?

Questions are just rhetoric so....Thanks for the link...

• Like 1