Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

On 3/25/2020 at 7:30 PM, BigStewMan said:

more virulent strain there?  

never been to Italy ... closer living quarters so initially exposure was to a greater number of people?  I mean, we see the number from NYC compared to other US cities. 

More context here

https://www.theatlantic.com/video/index/608854/coronavirus-hospital-italy/9

• Like 1

Grand Rapids doctor showing how to handle groceries and take out food.  I haven’t went to all the extremes that he has. I’ve been washing off my bottles and cans. But, i can’t take his advice completely ... he said nobody with a breathing issue should go shopping and nobody over 60 should go shopping.  That eliminates my household. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjDuwc9KBps

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Grand Rapids doctor showing how to handle groceries and take out food.  I haven’t went to all the extremes that he has. I’ve been washing off my bottles and cans. But, i can’t take his advice completely ... he said nobody with a breathing issue should go shopping and nobody over 60 should go shopping.  That eliminates my household. 

... and get rid of that mustache and beard!

Just now, Jeff Matthews said:

... and get rid of that mustache and beard!

spray the cauliflower with lysol then put that in the bag that is going to your elderly parents.  

i was surprised that he didn’t mention rinsing off anything that he sprayed Lysol on.

• Like 1

Read an article earlier from this reporter that says his 106-year-old Dad is sheltering in place in Pittsburgh.  His Dad also had the Spanish Flu as a child.  The Dad remembers his Mother saying that the people that drank whisky didn’t get the flu. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, richieb said:

This thread is becoming as morbid as listening to the talking heads on TV. Each death gets noted and added to the scorecard - 😔. At this point it’s more than apparent the seriousness of the situation.  

doom & gloom is alive and well on this forum.  When this finally passes, everyone here will say that they weren’t scared. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

doom & gloom is alive and well on this forum.  When this finally passes, everyone here will say that they weren’t scared. 

The positive take on that Dave😏 is that we are alive and well —

• Like 2

Trump orders Gm to make more ventilators under the DPA. I think it's good. I hope it helps.

I will never admit I'm not scared. My wife's 75 with asthma and a heart condition and I have black and white lungs due to job related COPD. And that in what was the epicenter for a while. It's NO wonder I have anxiety about a few things.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, richieb said:

the talking heads on TV

I try to cover my *** as much as I can....I don't need the media "other than the initial "we are in trouble"...

For me, we are witnessing the unfolding of how this Chit gets out and how to try to prevent getting it.

Thank You the information age 🍻

pick and choose what you want to believe.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Read an article earlier from this reporter that says his 106-year-old Dad is sheltering in place in Pittsburgh.  His Dad also had the Spanish Flu as a child.  The Dad remembers his Mother saying that the people that drank whisky didn’t get the flu. 

That's proving to be true, but I'm still conducting tests.

UPDATE:  Pink Floyd's "Final Cut" also seems to keep the virus at bay, but you must set the volume knob to 11

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Today is international Whiskey day.  Cheers.  I'm doing my part.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MyOwn said:

I've gotta ask this...

Have you seen a decline in life insurance advertisement in your area?

Edit to add....

I have.

Over the air antenna "in my area"..... life insurance advertisement has subsided.

I have noticed an uptick in wealth advisors, money management etc. — 💲💲💰💵

• Like 3

2 hours ago, richieb said:

This thread is becoming as morbid as listening to the talking heads on TV. Each death gets noted and added to the scorecard - 😔. At this point it’s more than apparent the seriousness of the situation.  

As bad as this reality is - it will get worse before it gets better - and - if we all work to do our part to fight this pandemic - it won’t get the ‘worst’ it could be.

Imagine how rough it would be if we were not doing backflips to control it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MyOwn said:

I've gotta ask this...

Have you seen a decline in life insurance advertisement in your area?

Edit to add....

I have.

Over the air antenna "in my area"..... life insurance advertisement has subsided.

Ads are still on my OTA antenna. Maybe not back to back like before.

• Like 2