Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

10 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Then it came to payment time and touching screens and scanners...and then digging in my pockets for cards or phone, which would then be contaminated by my gloved hands.

Are you a Sams Club member?  They really are scrubbing down everything in sight.

Sams Club has a great phone app I am now using all the time, no more standing in line at the register.  Start the app, it remembers who you are.  Then use the camera to scan the product bar codes, it's all DIY.  You don't even stand in line except while leaving.  Swipe the Pay Now feature and then the phone generates a code on the phone.  The greeter scans your phone as you are leaving and sends the receipt to your email.  Quick and easy.

Ain't nobody touching nobody.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Seadog said:

I received an Amazon delivery yesterday, not shipped from an Amazon warehouse, but directly from a vendor via USPS to my mailbox.  Return address was in Brooklyn, NY.  Just great!  Outer packaging went straight to the outdoor trash can.  Contents went to the back corner of the garage for at least a week.  Over reacting?  Or should we assume all mail and every delivery is infected, regardless of the source?

I would say not over reacting considering the shortest virus life is on paper or cardboard and it's 24 hours.  How many people touched that package in the last 24 hours or if it's another material longer if the time given is really true.

It is not that much trouble to do as you did just to be safe, I would not think.

I did similar the other day and posted it in the lounge section, it was a plastic bag type shipping envelope. Tracking said it took almost 2 weeks to get here from the UK, which was the only place I could find this type of bag.

It was in the plastic shipping bag with another bag inside which held the fabric bag I ordered, figured it was smart to use disposable rubber gloves we have here, like our daughter uses as a RN.

This was that post from the lounge section...I think you did the right thing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well that pistol bag I ordered a couple weeks ago showed up in the mail today. 

It was designed in Poland, assembled in Vietnam, then shipped to the UK where it is sold, then shipped to me by Royal Mail and USPS.

So I put on some disposable rubber gloves opened the outer two bags, dumping the pistol bag on the porch table, removing the gloves and shipping bags into the trash which was going out then leaving the pistol bag on the porch. :o

Have no clue if any of that helped but it made feel better. :lol: Nice bag, well made and perfect size.  "

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, No.4 said:

I have not seen him post in a few days. Maybe @Thaddeus Smith has heard from him?

I don't want to speak for @Rudy81 in this scenario. I check in every few days via text to see how he's doing, but don't want to be burdensome. As of Wednesday night it sounded like more of the same and his spirits were high in light of the situation. I don't have any info beyond that.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Looked for corroboration, and I can't find any other than in sources widely known to spew alternative facts.  

Alternative to what bud? cnn, msnbc and their circular self made non-existent sources?  I did only see that particular thing at one spot it had backup links to prestigious looking sites😁...... but everyone alive knows china lies, cheats, steals and so on. Shameful for that society with it's history longer than most all others.

I carry a 3 oz spray bottle with 80% ethanol in my pocket at all times, even when at home (made by diluting Everclear from the liquor store).  The spray bottle is the kind used to spray a fine mist for cleaning eye glasses.  It provides good coverage without completely soaking the surface being sprayed.  Pretty much anything that comes in from out of the household gets sprayed , especially cell phones.  Door knobs get it pretty often too.  Essentials that I need to pick up get sprayed down, except for things that can be washed like canned goods and bottles.  I made an 80% ethanol solution that contains an aloe based gel for sanitizing hands.

• Like 5

On 3/11/2020 at 2:56 AM, CECAA850 said:

I haven't read anything yet that makes me think this is worse or more deadly than the common flu.  The average age of fatalities in the US for the Wuhan virus is 80 years old. 

The United States has become the epicenter of the pandemic, with more than 116,000 confirmed infections and 1,900 deaths.
Did you read this news?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/03/28/coronavirus-latest-news/

If you have tried to find bleach recently, like TP it is generally unavailable.  Lowes, Albertsons, Walgreens and CVS all had empty shelves.  Then I went to my local pool supply store.  They had liquid chlorine containing 12.5% sodium hypochlorite (household Clorox is about 6%).  They would only sell by the 4-gallon case.  So I now have the equivalent of 8 gallons of Clorox.

• Like 2

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, George441 said:

Did you read this news?

Exactly, go read the last news on what happened just this year with the flu.  I am not trying to say this is not bad, but facts are facts, excluding a panicky mode at the moment, especially from mainstream news. 

Yes of course do take it serious and be smart about it because it always is terrible when people start to die. 

This is from the CDC

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

38,000,000 – 54,000,000
flu illnesses

400,000 – 730,000
flu hospitalizations

18,000,000 – 26,000,000
flu medical visits

24,000 – 62,000
flu deaths

9 minutes ago, dtel said:

Exactly, go read the last news on what happened just this year with the flu.  I am not trying to say this is not bad, but facts are facts, excluding a panicky mode at the moment, especially from mainstream news. 

Yes of course do take it serious and be smart about it because it always is terrible when people start to die. 

This is from the CDC

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

38,000,000 – 54,000,000
flu illnesses

400,000 – 730,000
flu hospitalizations

18,000,000 – 26,000,000
flu medical visits

24,000 – 62,000
flu deaths

I understand. But covid-19 affected rate increasing day by day.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Yes it is and by far not over, it would be great if all numbers would start to decrease today but i doubt it. 

It is very serious no doubt, with the speed of the spread, but it will play out, it has to as all other pandemics have. 

How many remember the pandemic in 2009, not as many as for this for sure, the news did not panic like this. Where was the 24-7 panic, house isolation, no going to work, don't remember all of that ?

The 2009 H1N1 Pandemic

From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

22 minutes ago, dtel said:

Yes it is and by far not over, it would be great if all numbers would start to decrease today but i doubt it. 

It is very serious no doubt, with the speed of the spread, but it will play out, it has to as all other pandemics have. 

How many remember the pandemic in 2009, not as many as for this for sure, the news did not panic like this. Where was the 24-7 panic, house isolation, no going to work, don't remember all  

The “news” or better yet editorials of 2020 are nothing like “news” of 2009. The Left editorial news is out to discredit while the Right editorial news is out to defend, so the news is nothing more than a newspapers editorial column spewed from a talking head 🗣 .

Very similar to any and all politicians - put ‘em in a bag, shake it up - out drops 💩💩💩

• Like 2

On 3/27/2020 at 11:59 AM, Randyh said:

I dont think that any kid of filters made in  2020  can stop Covid 19 -or at least , I would like to see these tests

N95 filters are 3 micron, the virus is 1 micron.  But, they tend to get stuck and filtered out by the filter as several cannot make it through the filter at once. Remember, a N95 only filters out 95% of the stuff in the air. 

On 3/27/2020 at 1:15 PM, Randyh said:

the Italians eat very healthy foods , they are very tough people , but given the tourist industry , they were some of the first to be infected with the first strains of the virus

New Orleans, New York and LA have been hit hard due to their tourists/travelers.  Same for northern Italy. 

Had they not shut down the Las Vegas strip we would be another epicenter.  I commend them for taking this step before it got too bad.  Things will still get crazy here at some point, but out hospitals are still functioning right now. 

Thank you MGM/Mirage!  You were the first to take the big step. 

• Like 1