Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

Michael, thanks for the update.  Please let us know any information that you can that comes your way.

A very serious development, especially considering that Rudy was apparently in perfect health without major cardiopulmonary issues a couple of weeks ago, but likely he'll receive ventilator treatments to aid in recovery while there.  If he were presently in NYC or New Orleans, it would be a completely different story.  However as it is now in the local area (DFW), I believe that there is still hospital capacity to treat COVID-19.  The local population has apparently self-isolated effectively to slow viral transmission rates, thus "flattening the curve". It's apparently difficult for some folks to understand why all the precautions are being taken but there are good reasons for the social and economic disruptions caused by the precautions currently being carried out--with perhaps more to come. Rudy is now our "poster child" for the face of this virus. 

Instead of harping on with morbid COVID-19 stories, let's keep Rudy entertained with good audio stuff on the forum--don't you think?  I think he'll respond better to that.  I know I would.  It can help to lift the spirits. 

Prayers to Rudy and his family for a speedy recovery.

Chris

• Like 5

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

N95 filters are 3 micron, the virus is 1 micron.  But, they tend to get stuck and filtered out by the filter as several cannot make it through the filter at once. Remember, a N95 only filters out 95% of the stuff in the air. 

I was referencing in line ventalator filters. 99.9% filtration, they have been tested, per reviewed, and regulated. 

Masks I had heard the same 95% more because of fit around face, but that was an NPR story almost a month ago.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Seadog said:

I carry a 3 oz spray bottle with 80% ethanol in my pocket at all times, even when at home (made by diluting Everclear from the liquor store).  The spray bottle is the kind used to spray a fine mist for cleaning eye glasses.  It provides good coverage without completely soaking the surface being sprayed.  Pretty much anything that comes in from out of the household gets sprayed , especially cell phones.  Door knobs get it pretty often too.  Essentials that I need to pick up get sprayed down, except for things that can be washed like canned goods and bottles.  I made an 80% ethanol solution that contains an aloe based gel for sanitizing hands.

Glad you got the memo that Tito's doesn't work. How is the Everclear/alone on the skin so far?

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Who was the other affected forum member? I recall a passing comment where you mentioned two known cases here, but Rudy is the only that's been on my radar.

I know a forum member and his wife who were exposed to a known case in Houston, and are about at day 14 with no problems 

I know another forum member who is presumptive positive but hasn't publicly said anything here or elsewhere so can't share anything on that yet.

Travis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Who was the other affected forum member? I recall a passing comment where you mentioned two known cases here, but Rudy is the only that's been on my radar.

The other affected member was MeLovesKhorns aka Paul Redman and his wife. They were both released from quarantine about a week ago and are back on the front lines of the COVID battle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, Chris A said:

Instead of harping on with morbid COVID-19 stories, let's keep Rudy entertained with good audio stuff on the forum--don't you think?  I think he'll respond better to that.  I know I would.  It can help to lift the spirits. 

Prayers to Rudy and his family for a speedy recovery.

Chris

Great idea Chris

I set this thread up for that purpose, if anyone has a better idea for a name, or intro, let me know, happy to amend/change.

@Thaddeus Smith if you have any suggestions let me know.

Travis

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

I was referencing in line ventalator filters. 99.9% filtration, they have been tested, per reviewed, and regulated. 

Masks I had heard the same 95% more because of fit around face, but that was an NPR story almost a month ago.

Got it.  I have a P95 respirator that has a rubber seal around your face.  It has N95 filters over charcoal filters.  Great mask, too bad I was too stupid to use it in public. 

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Randyh said:

Dtel had said the member played for Notre-Dame

That was a joke then, I did not even realize what was going on with the Rudy from here, never knew.

As in the movie Rudy, had no idea about the Rudy here, wouldn't joke about that. Sorry for the confusion, my fault.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Glad you got the memo that Tito's doesn't work. How is the Everclear/alone on the skin so far?

The undiluted Everclear (95%) evaporates so quickly that it may not have enough contact time with pathogens to kill/deactivate them.  The 80% solution diluted with water tends to dry out the skin.  Its OK to use it in a pinch, but the 80% dilution using the aloe gel leaves the skin feeling better.

2 hours ago, dtel said:

That was a joke then, I did not even realize what was going on with the Rudy from here, never knew.

As in the movie Rudy, had no idea about the Rudy here, wouldn't joke about that. Sorry for the confusion, my fault.

I also thought "Rudy" from the ND football movie.  Not everybody knows who Rudy from the forums is, I didn't.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I also thought "Rudy" from the ND football movie.  Not everybody knows who Rudy from the forums is, I didn't.

Ha, gotcha. Unlike many here, Rudy81 isn't a pseudonym and his first name actually is Rudy. Mine, however, is not Thaddeus.

• Like 2