Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

• Moderators
Puhleeze stop attempting to equate covid19 to any flu except the 1918 flu. Why? Because those 2 events have one big thing in common - ZERO human immunity to a lethal virus.

During a normal flu season hospitals do not get buried in critically sick peoples. Sure a lot of people get sick but it is spread out spatially and over time. A regular flu season is manageable. Yes influenza kills but covid19 is shown to be 15X more fatal and that’s with the best care possible.

Hopefully covid19 will ONLY kill less than 100,000. That will happen ONLY if America keeps itself shut-in and sequestered for whatever length of time is needed to stifle this bug.

This! Yes, please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, John Warren said:

Models now show about 84,000 predicted dead from C19. 

Tapping on half way there with ~38,000, and we're only a few months in. CV19 has an exponential growth rate and the prediction charts are only accurate as what people's behavior / restrictions are. Without flattening the curve, the growth rate would double every day, or more. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, John Warren said:

Models now show about 84,000 predicted dead from C19.  About same as 2017-2018 Flue season.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections?fbclid=IwAR1TzhAOpQza4HELTO8C6RtytagXnX3LcWXbSg9EtWjCSNxynzTsM3MdTPk

The charts below show projected hospital resource use based on COVID-19 deaths.

The projections assume the continuation of strong social distancing measures and other protective measures.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, billybob said:

Understand from the news that the quick test kits are going to first responders, health care workers, and those drive through testing places. 50,000 per week. Maybe it can be ramped up. Takes 15 minutes not 45 seconds like first reports.

Sure seems like 10 times that much are needed. Maybe there is another making kits also.

• Moderators

This thing is kind of like a hurricane. You have those people who say I'm going to prepare, be ready to evacuate,  and leave well before it's too late. They look at the "cone", the models and do what they're supposed to do. There is less death as a result. But there is a fringe who look at the lower numbers and say, "see it was a panic, over reaction."

My biggest fear is when it rebounds, and it will rebound, people come away from this first round thinking it was media hype and no big deal. 

The better you react to it and prepare, the more you prove the view of the uneducated and ill informed.  It's a paradox. 

• Like 4

It's gonna be lots better when the medical community catches up with regular people. I saw on youtube about a month ago a guy explaining with cartoon drawings using hydroxychlorineoqu to get zinc into cells to stop adhesion of virus. It was so convincing I told everyone I knew. Of course NOBODY thought about just eatin' some fish tank cleaner......Gas is good at the dentist, don't mean you can drink gas....B double E double R un BEER RUN, always like that song....Stay healthy !

7 minutes ago, tube fanatic said:

Why are so many doctors still recommending flu shots before this is investigated in detail?  

Having the flu *and* Corona may lead to severe complications and total collapse of the immune system, they fear... 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tube fanatic said:

The study I linked on page 111 of this thread concluded that flu vaccine may increase susceptibility to Coronavirus.   Here’s another which raises the same concern:

https://www.bmj.com/content/368/bmj.m810/rr-0

Why are so many doctors still recommending flu shots before this is investigated in detail?  

Vaccines use non infectious pathogens to cause a body to develop immunity to the real pathogens. Consequently when you are given a vaccination your bodies immune system gets challenged and during some time period after the vaccination your immune system is compromised. It is not unusual for kids to get a fever after an inoculation which reflects their immune systems at work responding to the vaccine. After a short while this response passes, you will have the immunity desired and your systems return to normal.

2 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Vaccines use non infectious pathogens to cause a body to develop immunity to the real pathogens. Consequently when you are given a vaccination your bodies immune system gets challenged and during some time period after the vaccination your immune system is compromised. It is not unusual for kids to get a fever after an inoculation which reflects their immune systems at work responding to the vaccine. After a short while this response passes, you will have the immunity desired and your systems return to normal.

Given that the immune system becomes far less robust in later years the return to "normal" following introduction of a vaccine can be very prolonged (especially if there are underlying medical issues like diabetes, autoimmune conditions, cancer, or if abundant medications are used) which may explain why the elderly are hit so hard by the current virus.  I would like to see stats on how many of those severely affected by the virus have received annual flu shots vs. those who have not had any.

By the way, do you know the dosage/duration of treatment with Plaquenil when used for this virus?  Given its known toxicity to retinal tissue when used over long periods of time for conditions like RA and Lupus I'll be curious to see if any issues develop if used at extremely high doses to treat the virus.

By the way, are you in the medical field?

Maynard