Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

24 minutes ago, sputnik said:

The number of hospital admissions will be skewed low and not reflect the number of infections

Yes. Everything is still changing. On a good note, more people are cured too. Also, the numbers of confirmed cases include the ones cured and the ones who didn't make it. 

846702919_cured3312020.png.68276965fc995377eed23a504ecff779.png

5 hours ago, richieb said:

The numbers from China are highly “optimistic” to say the least. I have this on reliable information from someone with ties to many Chinese educators and non state edited publications. 

Rumor has it every CPC Crematory site has been sent 10K Urns, and Im willing to bet thats only for paying families. They probably have a dump truck parked at each facility.    Everything the CPC says on record or let out for the public is misleading or a flat out lie. The country of modern day slavery.  We may see 2MM infected on record here in the US over the next 8 weeks and overall it may be as big as 10% of the US population total for those infected without symptoms untested.  What sucks is China and other semi world powers are watching us, seeing our action and response only learning our weaknesses.  Every country on this planet needs to be ready to punch China right in the seat once the dust settles from this BS. 

• Like 1

Iceland has had the ability to test the general population for covid19. Large groups were randomly tested whether they were symptomatic or not. They learned that 50% of those who tested positive for the virus had no/zero/nada symptoms, not even a sniffle. If this translates elsewhere then there’s a huge population of occult infections.

In time we’ll understand the facts about the virus. Until then the best course is the empirical one of self isolation. Insofar as actionable data science needs to remove questionable reporting by countries unwilling to vet their information. Like tainted research manipulated data bases mislead conclusions. It is too bad the initial Chinese data base was clearly doctored(pardon the pun).

• Like 3

• Moderators

That's the latest model out of UW, but it is on a per day basis with predicted peak of 4/16. (It would be S curved shaped if it was on total instead of per day.

However, the model is based on these assumptions, some of which may not become reality:

Governors that haven't issued statewide social distancing rules will do so in a week.

I think the Gov. of FLA has reversed course and issued an Order today. Texas Gov. issued Order on Monday.

States will keep the social distancing rules in place through June 1

The current presidential guidelines only apply through April 30. Chris Murray, IHME's director, says the modeling team is working on a projection for exactly "what sort of rebound we will see," if social distancing was eased after April 30 instead of June 1.

If and when the current wave of infections is suppressed, the U.S. will remain vulnerable.

"Our rough guess is that come June, at least 95% of the U.S. will still be susceptible," says IHME's Murray. "That means, of course, it can come right back. And so then we really need to have a robust strategy in place to not have a second wave."

2020-04-01 (2).png

• Thanks 1

From the way it looked from the start, this is going to go on for years. IMHO, the best thing we can do (industry and other transactional places) is to have barriers. Clean rooms to pass through for the medical industry, take nothing home, take nothing to work; barriers for people who have to face the general public; people need to live cleaner and yield more space. We have to get going again, the sooner a business does this, they will have a first to market effect.  

Also, the police can keep leaving people alone who doesn't need to be shook down. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

From the way it looked from the start, this is going to go on for years. IMHO, the best thing we can do (industry and other transactional places) is to have barriers. Clean rooms to pass through for the medical industry, take nothing home, take nothing to work; barriers for people who have to face the general public; people need to live cleaner and yield more space. We have to get going again, the sooner a business does this, they will have a first to market effect.  

Also, the police can keep leaving people alone who doesn't need to be shook down. 

I suspect/hope/pray that science will give us a vaccine not only for this version of the corona virus but others as well within a year. As with AIDS solutions are inspired by need and push has definitely come to ‘shove’ on covid19. Also - even if we do not get a vaccine we may get some degree of herd immunity which could interrupt future outbreaks.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DizRotus said:

I found these in my garage.  First I was going to put on Craigslist to trade for C8, but then wife, who is in lockdown across town with dying 96yo mother, suggested giving to our neighbor, who is a nurse at William Beaumont Hospital.

Julie replied by text,

”OMG that would be amazing.  Thank you so much.  Thank you so much for thinking of me.  We are running out so fast at work.”

No, thank you Julie for providing care to others.

The Vette must wait.

E8FAEB55-6C8B-4C1E-9167-032F240D98F9.jpeg

That was very noble of you and I wish your nurse friend well.  They are in an impossible situation. 

The Federal govt had reports of this virus hitting us hard from their 'deep state' intelligence department in January, and most likely sooner.  We also already has cases in Washington state, so it was here.  This should really piss you off.  They sent almost 18 tons (yes, tons ) of PPE to China earlier this year. I guess they figured we would never need it for the 'flu' 😡

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/us-tons-ppe-china/

Read all the way down, this is well documented and detailed. 

I am furious about this. 

• Thanks 2