Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

1 hour ago, Randyh said:

you're right , we should have given more , but again , these 18 tons may have helped to reduce the overall numbers ,  which is better than having double the numbers in the USA

I cannot disagree more.  I am all for giving, but you don't give away something that you desperately need.  The Chinese people do not deserve to suffer but our medical workers are in serious trouble, go explain to them why more of their PPE should have been given away when the virus was already here. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Randyh said:

Come on man  ,beer is brewed across the planet , good publicity , though , you are not even in the top 10-  now Hoegaarden is not bad ----

This rating shows Westvleteren on position 3 and Rochefort on postition 15, two 'Trappistes' (brewed by monks). There is a proverb in Dutch, saying pregnant women should drink a trappist every day. Nowadays, of course, this is no-go. 

But I firmly belief it can help battle covid-19, if not physically, then mentally!

image.thumb.png.837efdcd3aaecfdad44f5cee31e94ed0.png

1 hour ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I cannot disagree more.  I am all for giving, but you don't give away something that you desperately need.  The Chinese people do not deserve to suffer but our medical workers are in serious trouble, go explain to them why more of their PPE should have been given away when the virus was already here. 

The Russians, the Chinese and the Americans 'give' not to help the population and healthcare workers, but at a  cost (of life) of their own healthcare workers.

There is a global power struggle going on right now, and these 'humane actions' are part of that and nothing more. 

The Russians are 'helping' Italy with military sanitation trucks, mostly to destabilize the European Community. The Chinese are 'helping' the UK and some African countries (where they protect their own investments, mostly). The Americans are 'helping' because they want to stay the 'greatest' (whatever that means).

5 hours ago, ILI said:

The Russians are 'helping' Italy with military sanitation trucks, mostly to destabilize the European Community. The Chinese are 'helping' the UK and some African countries (where they protect their own investments, mostly). The Americans are 'helping' because they want to stay the 'greatest' (whatever that means).

I guess you need to figure out why everyone tried to come to the US legally or illegally.  Then you would have your answer.  It is personal for those who care.

1 hour ago, pzannucci said:

I guess you need to figure out why everyone tried to come to the US legally or illegally.  Then you would have your answer.  It is personal for those who care.

I'm reading a column that states that the US has evolved from being the greatest producer to being the greatest consumer... 

Hopefully, this corona crisis may be an eye-opener for the global community. 

U.S._manufacturing_employment.png

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ILI said:

I'm reading a column that states that the US has evolved from being the greatest producer to being the greatest consumer... 

Hopefully, this corona crisis may be an eye-opener for the global community. 

Agreed, it's due to politics.  Follow the money.....It would be nice if democracy worked.

10 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I am furious about this. 

As you're walking, you see a starving man on the side of the road.  You have 2 sandwiches with you.  Do you pass him by and tell him "I'm probably going to need these later" or do you give him a small piece of one of them?

What would be the reaction of the country if we had stopped humanitarian aid to another country that was donated in part by the private sector?

Do you realize that Canada did the same thing?

Are there things that in hindsight could have done better?  Sure, you'll have no argument from me there.  Monday morning quarterbacking is easy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

There is a lot we will learn from this experience. A pause button rather than only a stop button for one. 

Absolutely.  No one on the face of the earth has ever been through anything like this before.  Mistakes will be made, lessons will be learned.

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Absolutely.  No one on the face of the earth has ever been through anything like this before.  Mistakes will be made, lessons will be learned.

Well not exactly. We just had Ebola and the 1918 influenza gives us enough data to use modeling this level of pandemic. Humanity did understand the consequences and the prospects of what is currently underway. NYC conducted its own pandemic study just 5 years ago that clearly evidenced the lack of ventilators, etc. 

In a larger sense we need to decide how we’re going to deal with infectious diseases. The world could spare no expense and remain poised to respond, or not. If the answer is ‘not’ then plan on accepting the consequences and paying up ‘as you go’. Honestly despite the best we can do our best will always be inadequate. 

As with other challenges of the past, advances will be made in the

Medical, as well as other fields of endeavor.

Man, on the other hand may always be haunted by the past 

Not learning from previous mistakes, he will always be susceptible to repeating those.

Thence will always be that

hollow refrain. It is just history repeating itself.