Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

All these stories I hear “business as usual” - it ain’t that way in the KC area, ghost town(s). We’ve been on a stay at home for two + weeks already as mandated by KC Missouri and the surrounding large counties in both Missouri and Kansas side. Now the whole of Missouri, because of “ how diverse their population “ is was not included in the stay at home. And ironically enough they had one the largest by percentage of population increases of infection in the country. I believe their Governor is soon to make that change. Idiot.

And speaking of idiots or stupidity or just plain don’t give a shitt the Governor of Alabama just issued a stay at home because he “didn’t realize how easily the virus can be transmitted”. It’s these kind of stupid mother f- - - er’s that should be strapped to rail and ridden out of town- 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Pete H said:

Why aren't people making masks out of HEPA grade HVAC filter material?  Much better rating and I would assume that it may even exceed the N95.  Just throwing it out there for those who need something that is a better option where real protection is needed.  It can be used just like any other material if you take the edging off and flatten out the pleats and there should be a good supply of them out there.  

Link posted above talks about that.

Pro and cons...

One thing that's really strange for me...  first off is I have ZERO appointments (duh) so we're trying to convert them to virtual.  Problem is, nobody knows this!  so I have a back office gal who's trying to get the word out.

Fine.  Meanwhile, I get to go cut trees or something....

Lightbulb goes off....  I have a spreadsheet of literally hundreds of retiree's.  

It's dawned on me that from their point of view, they are in a sense.....abandoned.  They have a 401 or 457 and nobody to talk to about it.  Well, they really DO have someone to talk to, they just don't know it since they retired before I started making my rounds in their location.

So.....  All morning, I've been copying/pasting an email.  Introducing myself and letting them know that I am a resource that they have for their plans and they're not alone.  If they want to talk about things....my contact info is below.....

Just started an hour/two ago so no responses yet other than a kickback on a bad email address.

Fingers crossed.  It would be nice to be able to calm any of them that are in need of some guidance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Pete H said:

Why aren't people making masks out of HEPA grade HVAC filter material?  Much better rating and I would assume that it may even exceed the N95.  Just throwing it out there for those who need something that is a better option where real protection is needed.  It can be used just like any other material if you take the edging off and flatten out the pleats and there should be a good supply of them out there.  

Just looked and there's crap on youtube about it as well.

I thought about this also this morning when I sat hear looking at my pleated air filters.  MERV 13 or MPR 1900 fits the bill and equivalent to the same filtering.  You just have to figure out how to form it to your face but if you use the pleated material with wire built it, shouldn't be a big deal.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fish said:

Fear mongering and Media. That will end up being the MOST danger to US All.

You got that right and I would add to that the politics need to be completely out of this crisis, but it's pretty clear that none of them have the ability to do that.  The video with the Korean Dr. was just clear and honest answers to common questions without any BS and really, that's all we need as well.  

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, richieb said:

It was only intended to boost your ego - I doubt anyone else believes it — 

I doubt anyone can hurt my ego......

(there, I said it for someone out there!)

• Haha 1

Lets be cynical for a moment....

politicians (notice lower case p) like power.

There was a politician who said something like, don't ever let a crises go to waste.

How much maneuvering might the politicians be doing surreptitiously so that when this is done they've wrestled even more power and diminished more of our rights? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So I was being very dilligent in sending out these emails to retiree's mentioned above.

I shared this with a couple of my co-workers as I thought it was brilliant.

I was just now informed that our back office gals are doing this FOR ME (all of us) so worded differently, I'm doing it all for nothing and can be out cutting my grass or pushing a couple more trees down for the wife.

Kind of kills that productivity.

1 hour ago, richieb said:

We’ve been on a stay at home for two + weeks already as mandated by KC Missouri and the surrounding large counties in both Missouri and Kansas side.

Somewhere I posted about a confirmed case here in KY where the infected one refused to stay home. They posted police outside of his house, now they he gets to wear an ankle bracelet to make sure he doesn't leave. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2