Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

People must understand that wearing a mask in public is to protect others, rather than an indication of their own paranoia.  The best quality masks, such as N95s should be kept available for health care workers, but cheap dust masks, like the 10 pack from Dollar Tree on the left in the photo, should be used in public. 

The CDC, Dr. Fauci, the Surgeon General, and every other intelligent and informed science driven expert recommends that.  Only a selfish narcissistic individual who believes using the Resolute Desk somehow makes him an expert would ignore those recommendations.

F6DF3631-6FF9-44D6-9C5F-F27EBC47DCD5.jpeg

• Like 2

President DT said, ”Everyone in America should be wearing a mask.  I won’t be wearing one.”  You could almost hear him saying, “of course”.  Since the nation’s attitude is supposed to come from the top down, his True Believers will naturally think that the mask recommendation are great, but not needed for them.  And the body count goes up every day...

• Like 2

This is what Dr, Fauci is talking about.  Leave the real masks to health care workers risking their lives treating COVID-19, but use something in public to reduce the possibility that you contaminate someone else while still maintaining social distance.

Our older son got bored at Little Caesars Arena where his job is to watch over the dark and empty place.  To combat the boredom he fashioned this from a bandana and rubber bands.

491C7548-6703-4310-B2CD-6330E89145BC.jpeg

• Like 1

I have a relative who is hypertensive, diabetic, seriously overweight, has prostate cancer, atrial fibrillation, is on 13 meds, and is an opioid addict.  His 3 young grandkids (age 4,5 and 6) live down the street, and he is with them everyday.   Their dad is a NYPD cop stationed in Manhattan.  My relative and his wife (she is good shape) have no concerns whatsoever!  This seems to be a common theme among many older folks.  

Maynard

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Do selfies always present a mirror image?

Not sure. Yesterday, elsewhere, someone posted a video of a motorcycle with the kickstand, throttle, driveshaft were on the wrong side. Some thought it was one from across the pond, but it was just from the selfie side.  

So many people in he world that are sooo smart (but never well informed). You would think they would go and give up their life to try to solve problems for humanity.......But....NO....they just whine and cry and hate about what someone else does........Humans....nothing funnier than......

• Like 2

I’m in total agreement that wearing a mask is an added safety step along with keeping a safe distance from one another. I don’t understand how Fauci could have been so wrong and/or shortsighted when in early to mid January he stated the US had nothing to worry about and the virus would have little to no effect here. Even the experts are being surprised on a near daily basis.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

With so many people not going to work, what do you all predict we will be in short supply and higher priced later?

My guess is food. Who is putting out a garden this year?   

I put this out to the family a month ago, now it's making news. 

https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-may-cause-some-food-shortages-says-government-document-223308504.html