Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

• Moderators

So maby not the bat soup but possibly a few things in general sold at a wet market. 

"Overall, the origin of the novel coronavirus is still filled with what-ifs and maybes, but according to most reports, it's likeliest that bats (and possibly snakes) are to blame as the animal carriers of 2019-nCoV—but as far as "bat soup" is concerned, it's just an extremely misinformed (and potentially xenophobic) rumor."

So it's possibly the bats and snakes sold at a wet market and not the bat soup, OK well that's better. And then to have the nerve to say "bat soup" is potentially xenophobic !  It takes alot of nerve to say that, look up videos of some wet markets.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I know a few women that need a full face mask

Need one or can supply the mask ? Or both :lol:

That model will tend to make you walk into walls or traffic, needs eye holes.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, NADman said:

Think I'll do something stupid again and go back to prison

Fixt it for you 😜

48 minutes ago, NADman said:

2.3 million people in the American prison system, and not a word.

Old new is they are turning out the non violent ones. Not sure when they will / have, but it was a week or two ago. 

• Haha 1

Well after two weeks uv coughing up a lung, two visits to my Doc, a chest x-ray, a course and a half of anti-biotics, a scheduled covid test (which was de-scheduled when I reported for it because either:I was too young (61)' not hot enough (99.8), had not left the country (all the foreigners at the Grand Canyon did not count), or not enough test kits to go around) I had a Cat Scan with contrast (cause the CXR was scary looking, thought all the Marlboros had come home to roost with the "Big Ca") I have been told that I've gots the Covid (Cat Scan impression: "ground glass opacities with bronchiectasis and atalectasis consistent with Covid pneumonia)

That's a relief. Thought for a day or two I had cancer. Luckily I'm just "walking wounded". The symptoms aren't exceedingly bad, but I tire easily and ache. Time to enroll in a quit smoking program, as the scan also showed early permanent damage to the lungs, prolly from 40+ yrs of tobacco abuse. Thank God for small problems! 

I've been on pandemic leave since the symptoms started, and prolly have another week to go with the isolation. Glad my employer values their minions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

10 minutes ago, JBCODD said:

Well after two weeks uv coughing up a lung, two visits to my Doc, a chest x-ray, a course and a half of anti-biotics, a scheduled covid test (which was de-scheduled when I reported for it because either:I was too young (61)' not hot enough (99.8), had not left the country (all the foreigners at the Grand Canyon did not count), or not enough test kits to go around) I had a Cat Scan with contrast (cause the CXR was scary looking, thought all the Marlboros had come home to roost with the "Big Ca") I have been told that I've gots the Covid (Cat Scan impression: "ground glass opacities with bronchiectasis and atalectasis consistent with Covid pneumonia)

That's a relief. Thought for a day or two I had cancer. Luckily I'm just "walking wounded". The symptoms aren't exceedingly bad, but I tire easily and ache. Time to enroll in a quit smoking program, as the scan also showed early permanent damage to the lungs, prolly from 40+ yrs of tobacco abuse. Thank God for small problems! 

I've been on pandemic leave since the symptoms started, and prolly have another week to go with the isolation. Glad my employer values their minions.

Good luck, hope you have a quick recovery. 

2 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

Good luck, hope you have a quick recovery. 

15 minutes ago, JBCODD said:

Yes you take care now. .the best.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Randyh said:

forget bat soup , they eat anything and everything ,  I visited a wet market in Guangzhou,  when it was still undeveloped farm land , they eat rats flattened like a pancake , , mice , bats , cats , dogs , insects , anything that moves , now they also drink snake wine , which is an aphrodisiac , but the smell of this market was incredible , it was worse than a sewer

Hilarious!  I asked my Chinese friend if each of those was true, and they are! 🤪

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Randyh said:

forget bat soup , they eat anything and everything ,  I visited a wet market in Guangzhou,  when it was still undeveloped farm land , they eat rats flattened like a pancake , , mice , bats , cats , dogs , insects , anything that moves , now they also drink snake wine , which is an aphrodisiac , but the smell of this market was incredible , it was worse than a sewer

I worked with a man born in China and he said snakes and dogs and cats were a regular in their diet because the criminals would regularly come to town and steal all the food from them. He then said they loved Chairman Mau because he eliminated all of the criminals by you guessed it---killing them. No questions, just bullets.

JJK

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Need one or can supply the mask ? Or both :lol:

That model will tend to make you walk into walls or traffic, needs eye holes.

no, the women need to wear the mask so I don't see their face.  bad joke, I know. 

• Like 1