Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Randyh said:

orget bat soup , they eat anything and everything ,  I visited a wet market in Guangzhou,  when it was still undeveloped farm land , they eat rats flattened like a pancake , , mice , bats , cats , dogs , insects , anything that moves , now they also drink snake wine , which is an aphrodisiac , but the smell of this market was incredible , it was worse than a sewer

That's one thing but people around the world eat completely different, nothing wrong with that. It's just what you grew up with is your standard idea of meat.

Some religions worship cows your not even allowed to touch them, we eat them, some worship rats and put out large containers of milk for them to drink from. Other don't eat pork while some only eat the front half of a cow.

There are many differences around the world, I get that and have no problem with it.

BUT it is a completely different thing to me when safe handling of animals or meat is ridiculously handled, like in an open market for days at room temperature with flies and bugs everywhere from all the blood and parts lying around. Then processing the meat on the ground with blood of different animals covering the ground mixing which could have been there for days.  All done in the same space and uncleaned surfaces where live animals including dogs, snakes, bats, hogs and about any animal you can think of are processed for meat..

There are videos of animals being clubbed and the hair burned off with a torch and thrown on the table for sale with everything else, with all internal parts still in them. Which anyone who has ever hunted knows you carefully remove  the animals intestinal tract and organs  because of all the bacteria, germs and feces because it will contaminate the meat. Just the bacteria in the intestines has got to go crazy in room temperatures and it is only a short time before that animal starts to swell up because of rotting from the inside out. 

I have no problems with hunting and I love meat, but there is standard practices to help eliminate many of the dangers. Just mixing meat and blood between animals and leaving them out at room temp until it sells is asking for trouble. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, billybob said:

Think that is just about it Eldon!

Ha, just my opinion after watching some of the videos about a month ago. 

Not going to lie, if and handled right I would try some snake or something else, DEPENDING on how crazy it seemed to me. I'll pass on the rats, bats, monkeys and well a bunch of things really. :blush:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dtel said:

Not going to lie, if and handled right I would try some snake or something else, DEPENDING on how crazy it seemed to me. I'll pass on the rats, bats, monkeys and well a bunch of things really. :blush:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, dtel said:

Well, I hear you! Just seems to me that there is a better way to have, if they China are going to have.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Randyh said:

Snake wine in china is made in huge glass jars  ,  they are purchased as an aphrodisiac ,   for men and women ,  it is said to freeze the lower portion of the body ,for hours in both men and women

Dang, doesn't sound like ecstasy to me but, have you partaken?

Don't need an answer...

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, dtel said:

Just the bacteria in the intestines has got to go crazy in room temperatures and it is only a short time before that animal starts to swell up because of rotting from the inside out. 

I have no problems with hunting and I love meat, but there is standard practices to help eliminate many of the dangers.

I was told by an American while chatting a couple weeks ago that this is why they have those wet markets.  If you, as the buyer, don't watch them slaughter and package the animal that you get, they will give you the old, putrid, stuff and try to masquerade it as edible.  That is very dangerous.  

They need standards, for sure, but if poverty is this rampant, how are they going to pay the added costs associated with good regulatory compliance and enforcement?  

TBH, this is why I am not inclined to piss and moan about life and politics in the US anymore.  We have our issues in the U.S., too, but I consider myself dang lucky they aren't as dire as they are in many other nations.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I bet it pertains to judging a person by how they treat the lowliest of creatures... or something like that.  Anyone know?

Sure.  Remember the plague?  fleas spread by rats.  Hanta virus?  rats.  What has been called the one species most competitive with humans for food and shelter?  You guessed it.  Rats.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Sure.  Remember the plague?  fleas spread by rats.  Hanta virus?  rats.  What has been called the one species most competitive with humans for food and shelter?  You guessed it.  Rats.  

Isn't it interesting that the one most competitive with us for food and shelter is also the one which is the most dangerous?

• Like 1