Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

They need standards, for sure, but if poverty is this rampant, how are they going to pay the added costs associated with good regulatory compliance and enforcement? 

Your right, I understand if your hungry enough you will eat almost anything, but if it is going to make you sick it's better to be hungry.

1 minute ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I bet it pertains to judging a person by how they treat the lowliest of creatures... or something like that.  Anyone know?

In some religions as in India they believe as a person dies they come back as a cow.

It's a religious thing as it usually is, the same as the Kosher part of cow or with pork, and other things. Our daughter is married to a guy from India, and that part of India they do eat beef, but like any animal they eat it has to be Halal, which means it has to be slaughtered a certain way, similar but different than kosher meats. 

Speaking of India, it was only recently I learned curry was a mixture of spices.  I've singled out cumin as having probably the most prominent flavor in the mix.  I've been using cumin in various things lately, and I really like it.

I'll tell you what's really good...

Kabocha squash cut into small bite-sized chunks, with same-sized chunks of chicken thighs, chopped onion, garlic and ginger (adding serranos, garden peppers, salt, pepper, cumin, or however you like to spice it).

I discovered kabocha squash about a year ago, and now, it's a regular for me.  It's not as sweet as a sweet potato, but it's sweet.  It's sweeter than butternut squash.  It's not as firm as a butternut squash and not as mushy as a sweet potato.  

363.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Randyh said:

the subject is a bit delicate , I was with a Chinese lovely young lady  , and when I saw these huge jugs of snakes in wine ,  I asked her what these were for , and she answered very politely  that it was  a special treat ,  for very special occasions  -   I told her , oh I see  for men , but she replied  NO  , this is for women  , now , I replied , but what does it do  , so she whispered  in my ears , that couples in China  are quite equal when it comes to enjoying the evenings   -

So, it only cost you a bat and a jar of snake wine?

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, billybob said:

Thanks again,

Enlightening...Cat fight just started here. Its over, and now hear my first Whipperwill .

Fire ants got them here.  I haven't heard one for years, used to hear them all the time.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, JBCODD said:

Thank God for small problems! 

As bad as that is it could have been much worse, that's good but hope you get feeling better. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

when-you-see-commercials.jpg.3156ec7ed0ee7b5b3c7c2139c57b19aa.jpg

I laughed at first but then quickly realized that the future liability suites seems limitless. You made me come to work, I got infected at your store, you coughed on me...............

• Like 1

Some speculation here. Sadly we are witnessing very strained critical care medicine. Considering the massive volume of patients being cared for I’d have to think that the level of care for them all suffers. When that comes to ventilator management this could be lethal. Technologically modern ventilators offer clinicians lots of flexibility in applications so they can choose the best clinical approach for individual cases. That requires time. Intensive care requires intensive work and intensive skills. That is not happening now. From this pandemic experience I hope that a new generation of mechanical ventilators can be developed - ones that use artificial intelligence. We understand the measured and derived medical data and we make decisions based on that data. Some of that can be automated. The ventilators can be upgraded to autonomously manage patients when caregivers are in short supply. Changes is patient status can be remotely reported calling clinicians back to a patient in distress. There are a number of prospective improvements possible for mechanical ventilators that will improve their efficacy and clinical efficiency. Hopefully there will never be a ‘next’ time. But we had better plan for one, and the sooner the better.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Randyh said:

how is your wife and mother in law doing ----

Thanks for asking.  They’re making the best of a very bad situation.  My mother-in-law has no appetite, and drinks very little.  She weighs less than 70 pounds.  

Nancy and her sister are helping each other to help their mother.  They are slipping her CBD in her applesauce, we’re waiting for her to devour a bag of Doritos and want to play euchre.

A palliative nurse is coming tomorrow.  We shall see.

• Like 4