Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

18 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Thanks for asking.  They’re making the best of a very bad situation.  My mother-in-law has no appetite, and drinks very little.  She weighs less than 70 pounds.  

Nancy and her sister are helping each other to help their mother.  They are slipping her CBD in her applesauce, we’re waiting for her to devour a bag of Doritos and want to play euchre.

A palliative nurse is coming tomorrow.  We shall see.

I didn't know.  Prayers for your family!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You need a thread count of at least 600, folded over twice, and it needs to be somewhat fitted. It would capture roughly 55-65% of particulate. Mostly effective if a person is asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic - to protect others. 

What happened to the idiots and naysayers? Did they finally get a clue or are they dead. 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 2:56 PM, CECAA850 said:

I haven't read anything yet that makes me think this is worse or more deadly than the common flu.  The average age of fatalities in the US for the Wuhan virus is 80 years old. 

It has been 128 times more deadly than the flu in Spain to date. Of course, except for the daily number of reported deaths, all the other stats are two weeks behind actual.

Wb

16 hours ago, dtel said:

It's a thing, some parts of India I believe. 

IND-024-xs.jpg

rat-mata.jpg

They’d have to worship or otherwise associate with stuffed toy rats here. No rats in Alberta, they are eliminated at our provincial borders. For a few million dollars we’ve saved hundreds of millions or billions in crop and other damage.

Wb

@Dave A    just to get some of my posts direction off of Rudy's...

We have kids living less than a block from one of the hospitals on the north side of Metro Manila. Everyone is pretty nervous about it, especially my wife when worried about two sons and two grandsons.

Fortunately, they are in a good house and pretty secure.

Most of the family is in Culion, Palawan. The hospital on their island at the north end of Palawan was turn into a regional hospital, which means they aren't as isolated as some areas

Fauci sets a real fine example for practicing good hygiene by sucking on the end of his eyeglass temple.  I think we should post this picture in every hospital ICU unit to serve as a model for the rest of us.  I can’t believe CBS news featured it in their article.  An optician friend says that’s nothing compared to what he has seen.......

Maynard

8BCE56C7-3990-457D-87A0-FD26F9630493.jpeg

not sure where the statistics come from, but read that 430,000 people flew directly from China to the USA after China first disclosed that there was an illness. 

article said most flew to LA, SF, NY, Seattle, Chicago, Detroit, and Newark.  No coincidence that these cities have been hit hard. oh yeah, that amount was for direct flights, no telling how many people entered the USA from flights that originated in China but went elsewhere before landing in the USA. It's like, okay there is a contagious illness, now over 400,000 potentially exposed people are already walking your streets ... now start containing it.  that's a pretty big head start to overcome.

POTUS found out about the cocktail like we all did. Per one of our own, it worked.

The cocktail we learned of earlier

In this thread, from the Fox news

Interview of a small group of researchers in France.

Just heading back from dropping number one off at the airport. She’s going to be stuck on this plane with 14 others plus crew for six hours. At least she’s wearing a mask. I’d be in a moon suit checking it for holes the entire flight!

Wb

85CAF8AA-DD4B-46AC-9290-2AF117591729.jpeg

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, tube fanatic said:

Fauci sets a real fine example for practicing good hygiene by sucking on the end of his eyeglass temple.  I think we should post this picture in every hospital ICU unit to serve as a model for the rest of us.  I can’t believe CBS news featured it in their article.  An optician friend says that’s nothing compared to what he has seen.......

that's the first thing that I noticed as well.   I read that people touch their mouth & nose on AVERAGE of 200 times per day, often without even realizing that they're doing it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

not sure where the statistics come from, but read that 430,000 people flew directly from China to the USA after China first disclosed that there was an illness. 

article said most flew to LA, SF, NY, Seattle, Chicago, Detroit, and Newark.  No coincidence that these cities have been hit hard. oh yeah, that amount was for direct flights, no telling how many people entered the USA from flights that originated in China but went elsewhere before landing in the USA. It's like, okay there is a contagious illness, now over 400,000 potentially exposed people are already walking your streets ... now start containing it.  that's a pretty big head start to overcome.

The US administration was a lot smarter than most countries  in closing off incoming air travel as China allowed one million to travel by air for their New Year. All while being fully aware of what had happened and was happening in Wuhan. Sadly, they waited too long to prevent travel into the country from Europe and elsewhere. We were far more foolish in this regard.

Wb

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pete H said:

I laughed at first but then quickly realized that the future liability suites seems limitless. You made me come to work, I got infected at your store, you coughed on me...............

Yes the lawyers will survive.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2020 at 4:35 PM, CECAA850 said:

The RMH had a 45 day limit to your stay.  On the 46th day you had to leave but could get back in line for a room if you still needed it.  If a room was available you could stay and the clock started again.  We got her out of the hospital on the 45th day.

I talked to my 'ex' today and she said it was 407 days. Same room in Vancouver BC, RMH.

She would know.