Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

4 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Encouragingly NYC is reporting that fewer of its inpatients are requiring intubation. They seem to be curbing the severity of the disease in a general sense. Ironically governor Cuomo has restricted the use of chloroquine drugs to inpatients. 

There is more than one path to defining medical treatment. Fundamentally when urgency matters strict research protocols can be sidestepped as long as it can be done safely. No harm - no foul. Chloroquine is not voodoo. It is a long-standing drug that medicine has used safely for 1/2 century. 

Does it work? Well we do have a gauge - the media. The media is trigger happy, anxious to find and trumpet any story to discredit the federal government. If chloroquine definitely did not work we’d have 4 inch headlines proclaiming its failure. We do not see those. In fact currently what we have is nominal reporting and some of that is actually encouraging.

So if you have covid19, breathing 40 times a minute and still not oxygenating while on 100% oxygen then you decide for yourself whether trialing a safe experimental drug cocktail will save your life. As for myself - i won’t wait that long. We can complete the academic studies when the emergency is over. BTW there are many drugs being used in exactly the same manner as chloroquine. Chloroquine is only controversial be because of politics. It would seem likely that naysayers here would embrace chloroquine if it came to light from a different source. Politics indeed.

yes, I agree with you @Bosco-d-gama

I am not a doctor, but:

Professor Raoult, who found the chloroquine treatment administered with other drugs and following a rigorous protocol, has treated many people here in my region (I live 50 miles from his hospital in Marseille). He even treated public and political people, they welcomed being treated.

Professor Raoult says that you should not be treated at the hospital while being close to resuscitation because it is too late for use Chloroquine, but before during the first symptoms.

Here the medical world of Paris is in opposition with Professor Raoult, because the husband (Professor Yves Levy) of the former Minister of Health Agnès Buzin (Who left his post as Minister of Health in the midst of a crisis around February 17, 2020, to be a candidate for the election of the mayor of Paris: this is a national scandal that is not over: complaint filed for after the crisis of Covid19))  Well the husband Levy is the director of INSERM and it was not they in the capital who found it, so they are jealous , it is a war of service and people.

they may find another drug or vaccine later, but in the meantime, now and instead of nothing, treat this with it.

Here in France the former Minister of Health, Doctor Douste Blazy and the famous Emergency Doctor Patrick Pelloux (he is known to have denounced the management of the heat wave crisis in summer 2003 and he is a journalist member of Charlie Hebdo present during of the attack to treat the victims) have made a petition which meets an incredible success to support Professor Raoult.

Many French people agree with them !

https://www.nouvelobs.com/coronavirus-de-wuhan/20200406.OBS27123/une-petition-en-faveur-de-la-chloroquine-lancee-par-douste-blazy-depasse-les-200-000-signataires.html

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Pelloux

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, mustang_flht said:

I am not a doctor, but:

Professor Raoult, who found the chloroquine treatment administered with other drugs and following a rigorous protocol, has treated many people here in my region (I live 50 miles from his hospital in Marseille). He even treated public and political people, they welcomed being treated.

Professor Raoult says that you should not be treated at the hospital while being close to resuscitation because it is too late, but before during the first symptoms.

Here the medical world of Paris is in opposition with Professor Raoult, because the husband (Professor Yves Levy) of the former Minister of Health Agnès Buzin is the director of INSERM, it is a war of service and people.

Here in France the former Minister of Health, Doctor Douste Blasy and the famous Emergency Doctor Patrick Pelloux (he is known to have denounced the management of the heat wave crisis in summer 2003 and he is a journalist member of Charlie Hebdo present during of the attack to treat the victims) have made a petition which meets an incredible success to support Professor RaoultMany French people agree with them

https://www.nouvelobs.com/coronavirus-de-wuhan/20200406.OBS27123/une-petition-en-faveur-de-la-chloroquine-lancee-par-douste-blazy-depasse-les-200-000-signataires.html

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Pelloux

Well...you don't have to be a Dr . You just provided info and that's good. None of us know what currently will work best, least etc...We do want logical, thoughtful, evaluation Based NOT on preconceived notion bias, hate or love, just real results, explained or unexplained. There is something that will work best for most, that should be the goal . I'm no Dr either but if faced with death I'd try most logical science related ideas, maybe ALL of em'.  I just wish we ALL would show respect, caring, toward everyone at this time. Just offer support for each other, think about words.Ask logical, thoughtful, important questions that matter, and reply in  the same. NO COVERING FOR ANYONE/COUNTRY and no BASHING ANYONE/COUNTRY. Just real adult evaluation. If you treat someone good, they will almost always reciprocate. Almost, hate is very powerful.  Then they can go BACK TO HATE right after if they must. Yep, I know, but just IMAGINE.....

• Like 4

I have had this happen twice now in the last week.

A mouse I had sitting in my Amazon Cart went up $7 so I deleted it.  Now a ceiling fan also in my Cart went up four bucks for no good reason.

Inflation?  Will this be the new normal?

10 minutes ago, Randyh said:

why should it be any different for humans and animals

Was hoping not the case for me to explain while others more capable 

Could. If this virus started from animal to human, as has been printed, then a jump back from an animal to to a human may/would

Introduce yet another strain of the virus to fight and understand.

Not a doctor...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sunburnwilly said:

This is just nuts . Idiots destroying cell phone towers because some believe that 5g enhances the spread and lethality of the virus . 

https://nypost.com/2020/04/05/woody-harrelson-sharing-coronavirus-conspiracy-theory-tied-to-5g/

Read a little on 60Ghz (not necessarily 5G).  There has been discussion since early 2000s.

You be the judge.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, sunburnwilly said:

This is just nuts . Idiots destroying cell phone towers because some believe that 5g enhances the spread and lethality of the virus . 

https://nypost.com/2020/04/05/woody-harrelson-sharing-coronavirus-conspiracy-theory-tied-to-5g/

Next there will be a run on tin foil, for hats, never underestimate the stupidity of large groups, or individuals.

2 minutes ago, billybob said:

Could. If this virus started from animal to human, as has been printed, then a jump back from an animal to to a human may/would

Introduce yet another strain of the virus to fight and understand.

I have not panicked, but if cows, pigs, chickens and fish get infected, I will panic, there just so tasty.

• Like 5

Have a look at the attached short video from youtube of the WHO's Dr. Bruce Aylward by Hong Kong based RTHK (his foolish and childish behaviour regarding Taiwan commences at about the 45 second point).

I'm ashamed to say that this politically driven clown is a Canadian MD and Epidemiologist. Kowtowing for his WHO Chinese Communist Party driven masters.

Wb

see: 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I have had this happen twice now in the last week.

A mouse I had sitting in my Amazon Cart went up $7 so I deleted it.  Now a ceiling fan also in my Cart went up four bucks for no good reason.

Inflation?  Will this be the new normal?

A number of years ago, I was mentally "doodling"....

I got to thinking:

1.  Our manufacturing base (along with the rest of our economy it seems) has moved to China

2.  Chinese workers don't make anywhere near what US employees make

3.  If/as the Chinese workers demand MORE pay....  the cost of said goods will go up

4.  Things will get a lot more expensive HERE because we've now lost the savings (as things move to China) and now we have to pay the other side of the curve.

So I'd say yes, unless we can move some of this back to us,  however, that too will be more expensive.

My .02