Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

8 minutes ago, 7heavenlyplaces said:

Oh goll so is it that the virus has no adversaries and that in the war there was someone to shoot at?

Just that there are  two very different adversaries??  Two very different adversaries.

Is this  more to the point? I am just trying to understand.

yeah , we'll let you find the cure

32 minutes ago, 7heavenlyplaces said:

And again: might you care to unpack this as it is alot in one sentence?  And again asked with sincerity.

Well....an estimated ONE BILLION doses (pills I presume) have been administered to patients. This is mostly over the past 40 but up to 65 years total. In all those doses many prominent DR's noted NO adverse effects, No deaths directly because med noted. It is considered by most all, and certainly the medical community to be VERY SAFE. The instance of death % directly related is such a low number it is considered NIL. Now....I'm no Dr, as previously stated, I do not play a Dr on tv. But, I do assemble info from intelligent people and then form opinions. So....everything I promote is my understanding and opinion, works for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Randyh said:
3 hours ago, JJkizak said:

Suck it up guys. Talk to one of your relatives that served in WW2 and he will tell you what is tough. -JJK

a real war , no BS

Our grandfathers charged the beaches of Iwo Jima and invaded France while shooting the enemy as they were being shot at. 

We are being asked to stay home and do nothing.

We can handle this.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Randyh said:

10500 deaths  in one month  for covid 19 is more deaths than the USA lost in 1 year of fighting  in the Vietnam war -the numbers are huge -

Sounds like a lot in a month, of course any are too many and very sad. But hopefully a one off. I read this quote on a health site. Before reading this I already considered this years flu deaths would be higher than usual. My opinion, this year we will lose some modest number more than usual , not the end of us. "This year's flu season is shaping up to be possibly less severe than the 2017-2018 season, when 61,000 deaths were linked to the flu."  As of March estimates from 29k to 59k, but no way to know for months

2 hours ago, Randyh said:

a real war , no BS

My father, his oldest sister and four of his brothers (everyone old enough to serve or looked old enough) served in all three branches during WWII. None of them would speak of it around home. Not one word in 50 plus years. My father spent some time with an ex German Navy veteran in hospital before he passed away. They would not only not discuss the war, In fact they wouldn’t speak to each other (something my dad never did as he was a kind, gentle and friendly to all soul).  I finally got one of my uncles who had served in the RCN to discuss his experiences serving as E-boat and U-boat interdiction in the English Channel. This did not occur until he had  later term dementia and was spending his last few weeks in hospice. I would sit by his bed to relieve my aunt and listen to him reliving those days for hours. Boredom during most days, sheer terror during night time battles. He wasn’t knowingly telling me anything; he was literally back on his old destroyer and reliving it as only those who regress back in time with dementia can. This was how he spent his final days, with brief respites when he was given his pain medication.

I came to the conclusion that the less my uncles’ said, the more horrific their experiences during the war.

Wb

• Like 1

Quinine is in Schweppes. Now before we all start drinking large quantities of  it because it *might* help fight covid-19, be warned: quinine is known to interact with other (live saving) medication. 

So please think twice! 

https://www.cardiosmart.org/Healthwise/d003/66/d00366

https://fever-tree.com/en_US/article/quinine-and-coronavirus

If you’ve had a bad reaction to tonic water or quinine in the past, you should not try it again. You may also be advised against taking quinine or drinking tonic water if you:

• have an abnormal heart rhythm, especially a prolonged QT interval
  • have low blood sugar (because quinine can cause your blood sugar to drop)
  • are pregnant
  • have kidney or liver disease
  • are taking medications, such as blood thinners, antidepressants, antibiotics, antacids, and statins (these medications may not preclude you from taking quinine or drinking tonic water, but you should tell your doctor about these and any other medications you take if you’re prescribed quinine)

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Our grandfathers charged the beaches of Iwo Jima and invaded France while shooting the enemy as they were being shot at. 

We are being asked to stay home and do nothing.

We can handle this.

Before I start my rant, read this: I have the greatest respect for old people, and especially those who fought in the Great War.

Now, last Sunday, I visited my 81 year old mother who lives in a 'service flat' housing block, where elderly people live, who are still in good enough physicial condition to live on their own, with some degree of support (like nurses coming in the morning and evening to help them dress and administer medication). 

Belgium is in 'lockdown', so I hadn't seen my mother in 3 weeks. We went there to talk to her through the window, keeping a distance of several meters.

I was shocked to see the scene at the entrance: SIX 80-plus inhabitants were sitting on a bench in the sun, chatting a way. It was very clear that the were breaching social distancing rules and they DIDN'T GIVE A F****! Oh yeah, they were laughing and friendly to us and the weather was sooooo nice!

In these times, with the world in lockdown, millions of us losing their job, with unseen economic impact for so many years to come, and with my three children unable to go to school,  these 'grandfathers and grandmothers' are either being completely stupid or they couldn't care less and are selfish bast******.

On Monday, I made a phonecall to the town's responsible and I won't hesitate to call the police, if I have to.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, ILI said:

Before I start my rant, read this: I have the greatest respect for old people, and especially those who fought in the Great War.

Now, last Sunday, I visited my 81 year old mother who lives in a 'service flat' housing block, where elderly people live, who are still in good enough physicial condition to live on their own, with some degree of support (like nurses coming in the morning and evening to help them dress and administer medication). 

Belgium is in 'lockdown', so I hadn't seen my mother in 3 weeks. We went there to talk to her through the window, keeping a distance of several meters.

I was shocked to see the scene at the entrance: SIX 80-plus inhabitants were sitting on a bench in the sun, chatting a way. It was very clear that the were breaching social distancing rules and they DIDN'T GIVE A F****! Oh yeah, they were laughing and friendly to us and the weather was sooooo nice!

In these times, with the world in lockdown, millions of us losing their job, with unseen economic impact for so many years to come, and with my three children unable to go to school,  these 'grandfathers and grandmothers' are either being completely stupid or they couldn't care less and are selfish bast******.

On Monday, I made a phonecall to the town's responsible and I won't hesitate to call the police, if I have to.

A good chance that they really don't care and are ready to not go on with the issues that comes with getting old. If I live to be 80 and get taken out by a beer truck while I'm crossing the street, I'm okay with that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Fish said:

Sounds like a lot in a month, of course any are too many and very sad. But hopefully a one off. I read this quote on a health site. Before reading this I already considered this years flu deaths would be higher than usual. My opinion, this year we will lose some modest number more than usual , not the end of us. "This year's flu season is shaping up to be possibly less severe than the 2017-2018 season, when 61,000 deaths were linked to the flu."  As of March estimates from 29k to 59k, but no way to know for months

Perspective........     The 2108-19 influenza season caused 21,000 deaths in America but that was from 16.5 million cases. So far covid19 has resulted in 11,000 deaths with 367,000 documented cases and not over a year but in 3 weeks to 1.5 months and most of those in a few hot spots. Now consider that nobody has any immunity to covid19 and all Americans exposed will likely get the infection. The math is simple - the covid19 mortality rate is excessively cruel and the threat is serious and imminent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Perspective........     The 2108-19 influenza season caused 21,000 deaths in America but that was from 16.5 million cases. So far covid19 has resulted in 11,000 deaths with 367,000 documented cases and not over a year but in 3 weeks to 1.5 months and most of those in a few hot spots. Now consider that nobody has any immunity to covid19 and all Americans exposed will likely get the infection. The math is simple - the covid19 mortality rate is excessively cruel and the threat is serious and imminent.

Here is my overall opinion...LESS people will die or be disabled and seriously injured this year from all sources than any recent year. If that's so,  Is that good or bad ????

32 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

Those who survived have some immunity.

Cite your source on all exposed likely to get the infection.

I think it's a very likely those that get it and get over it will, for the most  have immunity to this specific virus. That's kinda  the way our body works.That's why they recovered, their body mounted a successful defense. I'm not a Dr, just an opinion, LIKE EVERYTHING I'VE SEEN for months from the  "pro's".

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Fish said:

I think it's a very likely those that get it and get over it will, for the most  have immunity to this specific virus. That's kinda  the way our body works.That's why they recovered, their body mounted a successful defense. I'm not a Dr, just an opinion, LIKE EVERYTHING I'VE SEEN for months from the  "pro's".

Permanent immunity is likely not going to be the case. This is a corona virus which in an existing variation causes a common form of a ‘cold’. That form of the virus does results in a short term immunity, not permanent immunity. This is why we get colds again and again and also why there’s no vaccine against the common cold. Insofar as covid19 they remain uncertain as to the length of immunity survivors achieve and there have been reports of 2nd infections. This also impacts the ability to derive a vaccine for covid. 

IMHO less people dying is better than ‘more’ people dying. Not sure ‘where’ you’re headed with this but you’re rooting around in some really murky ethical issues - it would seem. 

8 hours ago, ILI said:

Quinine is in Schweppes. Now before we all start drinking large quantities of  it because it *might* help fight covid-19, be warned: quinine is known to interact with other (live saving) medication. 

So please think twice! 

https://www.cardiosmart.org/Healthwise/d003/66/d00366

https://fever-tree.com/en_US/article/quinine-and-coronavirus

If you’ve had a bad reaction to tonic water or quinine in the past, you should not try it again. You may also be advised against taking quinine or drinking tonic water if you:

• have an abnormal heart rhythm, especially a prolonged QT interval
  • have low blood sugar (because quinine can cause your blood sugar to drop)
  • are pregnant
  • have kidney or liver disease
  • are taking medications, such as blood thinners, antidepressants, antibiotics, antacids, and statins (these medications may not preclude you from taking quinine or drinking tonic water, but you should tell your doctor about these and any other medications you take if you’re prescribed quinine)

We spoke about this earlier here.

Is anyone of note reccommending

Drinking this? Used to drink it upon occasion as liked it.

22 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Permanent immunity is likely not going to be the case. This is a corona virus which in an existing variation causes a common form of a ‘cold’. That form of the virus does results in a short term immunity, not permanent immunity. This is why we get colds again and again and also why there’s no vaccine against the common cold. Insofar as covid19 they remain uncertain as to the length of immunity survivors achieve and there have been reports of 2nd infections. This also impacts the ability to derive a vaccine for covid. 

IMHO less people dying is better than ‘more’ people dying. Not sure ‘where’ you’re headed with this but you’re rooting around in some really murky ethical issues - it would seem. 

I'm not headed anywhere...Just curious if we should be tore down, or less tore down. THE FORUM, as the WORLD has opinions. I proclaimed I'm no Dr, you may be ??? Or scientist ??? So, just some dudes thoughts on a websiite .No one owns the right to opinion exclusively, of course JMO....

• Like 1