Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

On 4/8/2020 at 9:37 AM, Dave A said:

... the very same thing is true with the Flu which also hits this same exact group hardest and killed over 61,000 here in the USA TWO YEARS AGO! There is so much complete obfuscation by media over all this it beggars the imagination. You come down with this get your Doctor to prescribe some T Pills and be on the road quickly to recovery.

Flu deaths were between 30 and 60K - over the course of an entire year. So far, we have 15K deaths over the course of a couple of months WITH closing down half the country and guidelines in place.

16 hours ago, dtel's wife said:

I don’t recall where, but recently I’ve read reports about farmers struggling which could have serious implications on our food supplies.

I fully believe that.  There is a specific food chain and if restaurants are 90% shut down, that food is already in the supply chain with nowhere to go.

Case in point, I was in Walmart and got my usual 5 pound bag of Red Potatoes, about five bucks.  On the way out there is a large bin of bags of Idaho bakers, 2 for $4.  That would be two 15 pound bags, 30 pounds of potatoes for four dollars!  :emotion-19:

I dropped my puny 5 pound bag and grabbed the two for $4.  They were excellent restaurant quality, large size, good taste, no little filler potatoes in the bag like you usually see.  I would bet the farm these were headed to the restaurants and now they either need to sell them off fast or throw them away.

I know you shouldn't fall in love with your food, but man those spuds were good!  🥔🍟

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Deang said:

Flu deaths were between 30 and 60K - over the course of an entire year. So far, we have 15K deaths over the course of a couple of months WITH closing down half the country and guidelines in place.

I agree that there was a need for a pause to keep it from being worse. There are questions how the deaths are being reported and leaving questions will leave doubt as to how bad it is and how bad it might have been. IMHO, that will be vital as to how seriously we take the call to lock-down. 

The latest concern may be this Easter weekend when damn the quarantine people will try to go to church and/or see family. My state Kansas is a great example of dumb shittery - and without making this political it is what it is. Democratic Governor issued a 10 people only order for all churches; Republican legislators, who have the ability in Kansas, overruled the order to have churches open to the public for Easter with overwhelming objections from the people claiming religious freedom. Hopefully churches with a conscious will remain closed and broadcast their services live but you damn well know some will throw open the doors. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I agree that there was a need for a pause to keep it from being worse. There are questions how the deaths are being reported and leaving questions will leave doubt as to how bad it is and how bad it might have been. IMHO, that will be vital as to how seriously we take the call to lock-down.

Well, you could start by looking at the places that waited too long, and compare them to the places that didn’t. There is no doubt as to how how bad it could have been.  

Wuhan was on lockdown for 76 days. They are now getting ready to lockdown Hubei.

On 4/7/2020 at 10:55 PM, BigStewMan said:

i’m confident that he and my children will honor it. 

Hopefully it would be brother only and not your children.  I had to give the DNR instructions for my Aunt.....  it was the right thing to do, it was what she wanted.  I still felt as though I had a hand in her passing.  My mother then, gave me similar instructions because she saw how I treated her sister.  Fortunately Mom passed without me having to go through that with her too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deang said:

Well, you could start by looking at the places that waited too long, and compare them to the places that didn’t. There is no doubt as to how how bad it could have been. 

There are some states in the US, and some countries around the world, that is still not locking down, I posted about this a few days ago. They very well might be okay if they keep strict measures to not get contaminated. It will be interesting and I am glad they are trying it. A lot of lessons to be learned and a lot of variables to plug into the equations. Will distancing, good hygiene, stop shaking hands, stop blowing their freaking noses at the supper table and wash hands after said nose is blown and every before leaving the RR really work? Having said that, I doubt it will turn out very different that other states due to people not taking the right measures to avoid it. Then there are t he delays that a lot of people who don't seem to understand.

1 hour ago, Deang said:

Wuhan was on lockdown for 76 days. They are now getting ready to lockdown Hubei.

I believe nothing about China. In the years to come, there will be documentaries to watch on the History Channel, then we might get to see some of what happened.

1 hour ago, Deang said:

Well, you could start by looking at the places that waited too long,

Touching back on what I meant to say: There are reports that doctors are having to follow guidelines that are unusual in the death reports. Some doctors are saying that they have to report a death was due to CV19, even if that person wasn't tested. I don't know if this is true or more fake news and only time will tell. The next thing is the sites I use to check numbers are mostly, if not all, are getting their numbers from the same sources (CDC, WHO,...). 

7 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Touching back on what I meant to say: There are reports that doctors are having to follow guidelines that are unusual in the death reports. Some doctors are saying that they have to report a death was due to CV19, even if that person wasn't tested. I don't know if this is true or more fake news and only time will tell. The next thing is the sites I use to check numbers are mostly, if not all, are getting their numbers from the same sources (CDC, WHO,...). 

I read a long article which covered interviews with coroners from different states. They all stated they have the authority to say a death was Covid-19 caused/related, but they aren't given kits to test those who have already passed and many are reluctant to say the deaths are related when they don't know for sure. Some have stated they've found bodies in houses, so they don't know symptoms, etc.  Only when death certificates state a death is from Covid-19 are they reported to the CDC. So... it could be that they are being under reported. No matter what, there are tons of variables here.

6 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I read a long article which covered interviews with coroners from different states. They all stated they have the authority to say a death was Covid-19 caused/related, but they aren't given kits to test those who have already passed and many are reluctant to say the deaths are related when they don't know for sure. Some have stated they've found bodies in houses, so they don't know symptoms, etc.  Only when death certificates state a death is from Covid-19 are they reported to the CDC. So... it could be that they are being under reported. No matter what, there are tons of variables here.

This Dr is talking about the sugar coating. 

27 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

There are some states in the US, and some countries around the world, that is still not locking down, I posted about this a few days ago. They very well might be okay if they keep strict measures to not get contaminated. It will be interesting and I am glad they are trying it. A lot of lessons to be learned and a lot of variables to plug into the equations. Will distancing, good hygiene, stop shaking hands, stop blowing their freaking noses at the supper table and wash hands after said nose is blown and every before leaving the RR really work? Having said that, I doubt it will turn out very different that other states due to people not taking the right measures to avoid it. Then there are t he delays that a lot of people who don't seem to understand.

I believe nothing about China. In the years to come, there will be documentaries to watch on the History Channel, then we might get to see some of what happened.

Look here if you want to know how a potentially deadly pandemic with no available vaccine or provenly successful treatment is available:

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_Taiwan

Wb

2 hours ago, Deang said:

Influenza death statistics involve 10’s of millions of documented cases so the fatality rate is far less than covid19. If we should see the same number of covid19  cases as we do the flu we’d probably have close to - if not more - 1 million deaths. 

So can we dismiss comparing this to the flu?

• Like 2