Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

13 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Again, somewhere between extremes. I am not an anti vaccine supporter, but big pharma have been disease mongering for a long time. A lot of what pharma offers only medicates the symptoms, rather than the causes.  They are not looking for a cure, they want us to buy their products: pills, even if the side effects are worse than the ailment. I remember the push for antidepressants that brought along suicidal thoughts, and look at the opioid problems we now have. People are vulnerable and are always looking for Mother's Little Helper and big pharma want's their money. 

Here in Canada, it’s illegal to advertise prescription medications on TV, to avoid having patients self-diagnosing and demanding that their doctors prescribe medicines that they’ve seen advertised, regardless of what the doctor thinks.

To me, at least, it seems very strange to see commercials for all sorts of obscure drugs, and the long lists of possible side effects, including DEATH.  US doctors must get very frustrated when their patients act like they know more than the men and women who spent years learning all about how to keep their patients in the best of health, and contradict their recommendations.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Randyh said:

This is a very promising device, but while it produces results very quickly, often within an hour, it has a limitation of doing only 10-15 tests per day.  This suggests that it’s ideal for small communities, especially those ones who are aware of their vulnerability and want to stop any outbreak in the earliest stages.  However, it’s not ideal for large-scale use, like in New York City, for example.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I did treat the iniquitous separately. When I said 'big pharma' it was not a dig at the scientist, chemist, lab techs or trials researchers. Big pharma is a big business and they aren't trying to put themselves out of business. They are in it for the money and spend a lot of money on lobbying DC

Think there is incentive in the US for doctors to prescribe some of those on the telly. Have seen more than 1 Reps of drug companies coming in to waiting rooms and typically, they are ushered in posthaste.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Randyh said:

this product is not slated for the USA -----solely for Canada ,based on what I've heard ----now 12 -------15 per  day makes sense if it takes 1h to get a result -but are you sure that this is the case , this would would mean that a hospital would have to buy 100 units for 1000 tests -------so the product must be very affordable -

Said that they have PO's already, but wanting to sell local first including PO's coming from US.

• Like 1

Just now, Randyh said:

this product is not slated for the USA -----solely for Canada ,based on what I've heard ----now 12 -------15 per  day makes sense if it takes 1h to get a result -but are you sure that this is the case , this would would mean that a hospital would have to buy 100 units for 1000 tests -------so the product must be very affordable -

I don’t know about the cost, but the hospital would only need to buy 100 units if it wanted to do 1000 tests on the same day.  As for the New York reference, maybe I should have mentioned Toronto or Montreal instead.  Thanks for pointing that out.

49 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I did treat the iniquitous separately. When I said 'big pharma' it was not a dig at the scientist, chemist, lab techs or trials researchers. Big pharma is a big business and they aren't trying to put themselves out of business. They are in it for the money and spend a lot of money on lobbying DC

There are too numerous income iniquities in America to roster. Suffice it to say that $billions are spent on topical medical oils and otc joint juice fix-ems. So ‘big’ pharm informing prospective consumers of products which may actually benefit them is pretty tame in my book. But big pharm is most certainly seeking cures which they also charge big $$$ for. Big $$$ is what most people seek. Some sell real estate and make huge $$$$$ for not-a-whole-lot. Others make medicines that actually function. But there’s no conspiracy to cheat Americans from cures in favor of perpetual treatments. Really.

1 hour ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

There are too numerous income iniquities in America to roster. Suffice it to say that $billions are spent on topical medical oils and otc joint juice fix-ems. So ‘big’ pharm informing prospective consumers of products which may actually benefit them is pretty tame in my book. But big pharm is most certainly seeking cures which they also charge big $$$ for. Big $$$ is what most people seek. Some sell real estate and make huge $$$$$ for not-a-whole-lot. Others make medicines that actually function. But there’s no conspiracy to cheat Americans from cures in favor of perpetual treatments. Really.

Okay, you have me convinced, nothing to see here. If there was, Rockefeller would have bought into it and so would Bill Gates. So let's move along and fight this Wuhan Virus. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Vioxx and Gardasil, as well as a total liability shield for required vaccines serve as examples of why the pharmaceutical industry is not to be trusted.  Combine that with the revolving door between the FDA and industry execs and you see the concerns many have.

Maynard

• Like 1

• Moderators

While I respect your posts and generally agree with most of what you say...I totally disagree with your last sentence here. In my opinion there is a conspiracy. There is much more money to be made in perpetual drug therapy than a cure. Always....follow the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

While I respect your posts and generally agree with most of what you say...I totally disagree with your last sentence here. In my opinion there is a conspiracy. There is much more money to be made in perpetual drug therapy than a cure. Always....follow the money.

Dependence is the name of the game.  Just like phones and the apps that draw people in.  The perpetual revenue stream is much better than a one time sale.  See it with Allergy Medicines and such also.  A lot of folks can be 80-90% cured though it is much better to do $100 bottles of nasal decongestants and pills than promote the cures.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

Chemotherapy is one major arena where cures are pursued because that’s is the only manner to approach the problem. Pain management is just that- management, there’s no attempt to cure the source of the pain using these drugs. It is up to the doctor to source the pain and do anything possible to end the pain. Antifungal meds offer cures but if the victim gets reinfected then they require another course of meds. Not going to discuss inoculations because that debate is being played out daily.

The drug industry makes ‘bank’ on effective cancer meds - cures. The company that owns the ‘future’ silver bullet for cancer will be wildly profitable and they’re all searching for the ‘cancer-cure-all’ now. Pains meds have involved opiate based meds which are addictive when used as prescribed. They’re looking for pain meds that are as effective and not addictive. The company that owns that drug patent will be ginormously successful.

There are loads of controversies in medicine. Where there’s $$$$$, especially gov’t $$$$$ there will always be abusers. Not going to say this does not happen. It does.

But I stand by my statement that there’s no foundational conspiracy to keep people ‘sick’ so they have to buy medicines when there’s a simple cure to be administered. Your doctor will seek a cure in the quickest manner possible. It is up to you to work to remain healthy, healthier and healthiest. Get the vaccine and don’t get the disease, or not - your choice. Replace the arthritic knee or suffer the immobility sequelae, tolerate the pain or eat pain meds daily. Lose the weight, save the heart. Quick the drinking and save the liver. 

4 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

The problem is they don't want to eat right, exercise regularly and avoid booze, smokes and obesity. 

WRONG with the ones I am referencing.  Maybe where you live.

Austin area has a number of doctors and pharm. that have the ability to drop these symptoms to low levels, not needing the pills and nasal treatments.  If you don't have any around where you are, guess you need to come pay a visit to some of the doctors around here that don't prescribe to the standard care.

And if you really believe Big Rx is in a conspiracy to withhold cures and keep people on perpetual medications, that's all the more reason to make yourself healthy.  There is plenty to debate about whether prescription drugs do more harm than good, but nobody debates that healthy lifestyles actually do  a lot  of good. You can reverse years of neglect.