Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

5 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Finally some good news.  I can flush my testicles without a precscription.

True. And until a verified vaccine or suitable substitute is found everything else is but premature conjecture — 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Wearing these low scale masks is meant to help keep the ‘unknowing’ infected from spreading the virus by knocking down the exhaled velocity of the contagion.

That and picking their noses and or putting their fingers in their mouths and.. Then there is the shoe thing. I can only imagine the density of particles that are inflated as people walk. 

2 hours ago, ILI said:

The news in Belgium was that more males are seriously ill from covid 19 than females, because the virus hides in the testicles. It takes about two days longer for the immune system to deal with the virus because of that. Two days that can make the difference between life and death. 

so , intimate distancing is also an important factor in fighting covid 19-

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

It is still way too soon to tell, but this latest study on HCQ, HCQ+Zpac vs. nothing is NOT very encouraging. Retrospective study, with some problems in groups selected US based Not as bad as the hocus pocus with numbers like with 1st and 3rd Marsalis studies, but more data is going to be needed. No zinc in this one, and there needs to be a lot more study on that. Keep taking Zinc lozenges. 

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.16.20065920v1

Yes, started taking higher levels zinc in daily vitamins after I found out it is good for the immune system and against head and neck cancers (which I would like to not occur again).  Seems great against viruses also.  I don't think our daily diets actually are good at providing what we need.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Very encouraging on a number of levels.

"Based on results of the first round of testing, the research team estimates that approximately 4.1% of the county’s adult population has antibody to the virus. "

Similar study in Belgium comes to a percentage of 3%. Samples were taken before lockdown and strickt social distancing. So numbers should be around 5% now.

It means 'herd immunity' is nowhere near (60%), so we all must wait it out until a vaccine is provided....

Is that good news?

56 minutes ago, ILI said:

"Based on results of the first round of testing, the research team estimates that approximately 4.1% of the county’s adult population has antibody to the virus. "

Similar study in Belgium comes to a percentage of 3%. Samples were taken before lockdown and strickt social distancing. So numbers should be around 5% now.

It means 'herd immunity' is nowhere near (60%), so we all must wait it out until a vaccine is provided....

Is that good news?

More people showing antibodies to the virus creates herd immunity?

Actual number unknown. Guess could extrapolate. Just a sample.

Asymptomatic carrier concerns?

Wear masks?

What am missing?

Thanks!

• Like 1