The Klipsch Audio Community
CECAA850

More on.Corona Virus

Just now, NADman said:

Richie is now 16, so that was 15 years ago, in Canada. Limits were never mentioned.

21 years ago for me.  Seems like yesterday.

A good 220.000 Chinese live in Germany and around 1.6 million Chinese tourists visit Germany every year...... Now we're all in the same boat

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Randyh said:

it only takes 1 infected person to infect others , so whether China or any other country , you cannot stop a virus  from spreading , in a world economy  -we are all in 1 economy - 1 people , 1 planet -lies on the other hand is not warranted when it under-reports the real danger to other countries -but on the other hand , we all knew it was coming , but we waited too long to react -

Nope - WE knew what China told us and WHO in particular believed them. That is why WHO delayed calling this a pandemic. There was ample and clear evidence of the severity of covid 19 in China in December and as of January they told WHO that the disease was not being passed between humans. America tried to send infectious disease experts to Wuhan and were denied access by (guess who). China silenced their own public health equivalent of our CDC until Wuhan was boiling in disease. Nobody can ‘read’ minds. The west suspected troubled but necessarily had to rely on China for data......  and China lied, time after time.

• Like 1

We go to remain at home / shelter in place tomorrow night at midnight but unfortunately due to executive order 202.6 I have to go to work.

Just saw on NBC Boston General Hospital spokesman say, that in a ventilator emergency, they can split the ventilation to two patients.

Just now, billybob said:

Just saw on NBC Boston General Hospital spokesman say, that in a ventilator emergency, they can split the ventilation to two patients.

I saw that a couple of days ago and wondered if there were check valves involved to insure no spit swapping.

3 minutes ago, USNRET said:

I saw that a couple of days ago and wondered if there were check valves involved to insure no spit swapping.

Was wondering too.  News to me.

Guess maybe at least a splitter.

Maybe a filter of some sort ?

Interesting.

If I were to gen one up it would be a splitter on the output hose with a flapper / one way check valve that allowed flow in one direction only in each hose downstream of the splitter.

1 minute ago, Randyh said:

the virus is also , in the respirator , the hoses , in all directions -, for and aft , scary ,  right

I ASSUMED that the ventilator intake would have the appropriate filtration to prevent virus entry. 

11 minutes ago, Randyh said:

no - it's a terrible idea -they need to make more equipment ------subito presto

No argument there. Should have been re-supplied after the last event although I hear the orders were not made.....info could very well be B.S.

12 minutes ago, USNRET said:

I ASSUMED that the ventilator intake would have the appropriate filtration to prevent virus entry. 

Thinking has to be a type of check valve, or valves as you said.

24 minutes ago, USNRET said:

If I were to gen one up it would be a splitter on the output hose with a flapper / one way check valve that allowed flow in one direction only in each hose downstream of the splitter.

Yes, seems like a solution.

24 minutes ago, Randyh said:

no - it's a terrible idea -they need to make more equipment ------subito presto

Yes, this is just one guy, think main Doctor there, just giving BTW, info.

Guess it would save life in a pinch emergency.

Ventilators being made quickly have been stated by more than one official.

On 3/24/2020 at 5:36 PM, NADman said:

Not quite true, unless you call beer, liquor, pot?POT!, auto parts stores and many more essential.

Sorry, your post is now 18 hrs. old. I'm going with what Ford in Ontario announced today.

Seems like everything is essential.

When the Premier of Ontario was asked by the press why drugs and alcohol sales were not closed his response was unsettling: “Ontario mental health experts strongly advised against it!”

The next item on the news channel was how northern France is considering a complete ban on alcohol sales because domestic violence went through the roof!

I think the reality, at least in Canada, is the RIDICULOUS amount of tax collected on these items (well, everything  really) would be sorely missed to cover the “bailouts”...

19 minutes ago, geoff. said:

When the Premier of Ontario was asked by the press why drugs and alcohol sales were not closed his response was unsettling: “Ontario mental health experts strongly advised against it!”

Unsettling?  It's freaking genius.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, billybob said:

Yes, this is just one guy, think main Doctor there, just giving BTW, info.

Guess it would save life in a pinch emergency.

Ventilators being made quickly have been stated by more than one official.

Going a little bit farther, guess that this was not just a whim if the moment, some ill-used idea.

Being ignorant about the product, guess one(?) Or more makers could offer a model certified for use of, by 2 patients. Just saying...

Guess, may want to look it up.