The Klipsch Audio Community
CECAA850

More on.Corona Virus

33 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

How about those who want to shelter in place, do so; those who don’t...don’t?

Our hiways look deserted - maybe 30% of normal. But I have noticed how many people are now walkers - never seen so many on the sidewalks. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I'm guessing that I know what the first few columns represent but not too sure about the ones on the far right. 

32 minutes ago, Randyh said:

USA

81,996 +13,785 deaths 1,177 +150 recovered 1,864 active 78,955 critical 2,112    
China 81,285 +67 3,287 +6 74,051 3,947 1,235    
Italy 80,589 +6,203 8,215 +712 10,361 62,013 3,612    
Spain 56,347 +6,832 4,154 +507 7,015 45,178 3,166    
Germany 43,646 +6,323 262 +56 5,673 37,711 23    
Iran 29,406 +2,389 2,234 +157 10,457 16,715 2,746    
France 29,155 +3,922 1,696 +365  

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

• Thanks 1

Draganfly is here! Gotta love intuitive thinkers and modern tech stuff. Digital Trends will be deploying “Draganfly” a pandemic drone devised and set to detect fevers due to illness and the overt symptoms of a respiratory infection, coughing and sneezing. Australia has ponied up $1.5 million Aussie dollars to use the drones to monitor the public looking for sick people. Guess this is ‘big’ brother on duty big-time. So what will they do when they spy someone sick-in-public? Already drones are used to police the general quarantine in a number of countries. When they locate someone outdoors they essentially ‘yell’ at them to get back indoors. Will Dragonfly send you home too? Will it yell to others around you to get away from the lady wearing the red hat? Or will you get swept away by the infection authority, taken by surprise captured in some human sized bug net?

• Like 1

We had a large jump in the numbers today in the USA, and the day is not over1359069958_halfmil.thumb.png.d7a422789a4a109989172803f92c5bd0.png. And I still don't believe China's numbers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Draganfly is here! Gotta love intuitive thinkers and modern tech stuff. Digital Trends will be deploying “Draganfly” a pandemic drone devised and set to detect fevers due to illness and the overt symptoms of a respiratory infection, coughing and sneezing. Australia has ponied up $1.5 million Aussie dollars to use the drones to monitor the public looking for sick people. Guess this is ‘big’ brother on duty big-time. So what will they do when they spy someone sick-in-public? Already drones are used to police the general quarantine in a number of countries. When they locate someone outdoors they essentially ‘yell’ at them to get back indoors. Will Dragonfly send you home too? Will it yell to others around you to get away from the lady wearing the red hat? Or will you get swept away by the infection authority, taken by surprise captured in some human sized bug net?

I'm not sure which is more frightening, the virus or the spy drones.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Seadog said:

I'm not sure which is more frightening, the virus or the spy drones.

I've grown used to the drones.....

• Like 1

The virus is hard to take out with a shotgun.  A drone on the other hand.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Many countries got the virus, but China got it right off the bat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

Many countries got the virus, but China got it right off the bat.

we just hit 1300 deaths mark in the USA ---

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

We had a large jump in the numbers today in the USA, and the day is not over1359069958_halfmil.thumb.png.d7a422789a4a109989172803f92c5bd0.png. And I still don't believe China's numbers.

20 minutes ago, Randyh said:

we just hit 1300 deaths mark in the USA ---

We may have missed The Final Four but keeping score nonetheless — 🏀📈📉🧮8️⃣0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣▶️

• Like 1

The Ides of

March

• Like 1

Wanted to share this. 

keepcalm_flatten.png

keepcalm_soc_dis.png

• Like 3

Just wanted to give an update on dad and offer for those who wish to fight the virus.

Dad had a heart attack as you probably already know, there are 3 main artery and one is totally clogged and one side of the heart is barely functioning. 3 stints were put in the worst artery but they say he is too weak right now for replacements and recommend he get stronger before another procedure. He is home as of yesterday.

I have been folding@home for nearly 20 years for research of diseases and figured it would be a good idea to start a team here if there are some interested.

<here> is some information but to make the story short the folding is done in the background of your computer and benefits disease research such as this virus.

Its much busier than normal and may be clogged with new folders but is worth it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, jason str said:

Dad had a heart attack as you probably already know,

I didn't know....  I'll keep him in my prayers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1