The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
CECAA850

More on.Corona Virus

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

When i was a kid, our family doctor had a sign in his waiting room that read, “Living is hazardous to your health."

Mine had one that said WHITE, t’other side said COLORED.

Both sides were full, & the signs were ignored, by those who wanted to; Dr. Hirsch was Jewish, but had converted to Christianity.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Well, some people called BS early. Will it turn out to be exactly that?

That's certainly a take you don't hear anywhere else.

41 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

America's daily report

I have no problem taking in both sides, if it leads to the truth. I have supported the very opposite of that report. If I was wrong, the worse thing I can do is to keep supporting the wrong information.

• Like 1

Just pointing out sources.  I find it interesting the amount of extremist things that pop up.

15 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Just pointing out sources.  I find it interesting the amount of extremist things that pop up.

That can be applied to both sides. 

Obviously.  One caveat though.  Most people have difficulty with the fact that there are almost always more than just two sides.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2020 at 8:52 PM, USNRET said:

Is this the wrong place to ask? Corona related

Son attends Texas A&M College Station.
He lives in apartment not affiliated with A&M except that the apt. corp. leased the dirt for 30 years from TAMU. 
He (we) signed a lease for one year 8/2019 to 8/2020.

He decided to move from a 2 bd to a 4 bd to share with his high school buds for Fall 2020 term (another year).
Discount if you sign lease early on the new place early so I did. BS charges but that's another story.

During spring break in March ( date?) the virus hit and in person classes were canceled.

Now that there are only online classes I am paying $700 a month for the apt and the boy is living at home.
The complex refuses to refund/reduce current lease. 
The complex refuses to nullify upcoming 8/2020 -8/2021 lease
Word (web rumor) is that TAMU summer 2020 will be online only and those courses have been loaded.

Do I even stand a chance of getting a refund or lease(s) nullified due to My Corona?

I'd pay a $ or 2  to our forum litigators 

@WMcD is correct, need to look at the lease's force majure clause. Lease's are typically one sided in the owner's favor, however, there are going to be many, many people in the situation as you and that give you a bit if leverage with the the school, even though not the owner/operator of that housing. 

Force majeure events typically enumerated in contracts include:

1. acts of God, such as severe acts of nature or weather events including floods, fires, earthquakes, hurricanes, or explosions;
  2. war, acts of terrorism, and epidemics;
  3. acts of governmental authorities such as expropriation, condemnation, and changes in laws and regulations;
  4. strikes and labor disputes; and
  5. certain accidents. Economic hardship typically is not enough to qualify as a force majeure event on its own.

You typically have to give notice, and this is something you want to have the assistant of good counsel.

If you breach the lease, how difficult will it be to find housing if thing are back up and running full speed in the fall? Are you looking at having to pay considerably more?

This isn't really my bailiwick, and @Jeff Matthews may have some suggestions (and he really hates TAMU).

7 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

FWIW...

For all my career, I've drafted/reviewed "God knows how many" contracts with force majeure clauses. 

Sorry, I hadn't reached this post yet when I posted mine just above.

10 hours ago, JohnJ said:

No worries, especially about you. Just fed up with close minded types.

"Expect No Quarter"

Yes, everyone should "expect no quarter" if they get personal. From any side.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Yes, everyone should "expect no quarter" if they get personal. From any side.

We need to practice Social Personal Distancing...

...anybody got change for a quarter?

4 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Well, some people called BS early. Will it turn out to be exactly that?

I watched this and it 's very informative to hear an alternative voice. 

In Belgium, where I live, some people say something similar, but don' 't get to the mainstream media. Some f.i. blame the G4/G5 cellphone network for the bad condition of our immune system. 

If Dr Shiva is right, it means that this pharmaceutical lobby has brought the world' s economy to its knees. It is so radical it is scary. 

Only a few countries didn't follow the WHO , at first, like the Dutch, the UK, Sweden and Brasil. The Dutch and the UK quickly changed course. 

We'll have to wait a long time imp before we'll know who is right here. 

52 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

no quarter

Close the door

Put out the light

You know they won't be home

Tonight....

• Like 3