Subwoofer Amp Recommendations

SemperFiAg08

I am looking at a Yamaha ax 592 integrated amp, 100wpc with 18 hz low pass filter. Figure I  could use my avr for high pass filter. Would this amp work for .my f20, I can pick it up  cheap.

Would only be a temporary till I get at little more  cash for a bigger amp. Thanks!

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-sa230-230w-subwoofer-amplifier--300-813

I have 2 of these and have used one on the F20 for years as have friends that I've built F20's for.  You don't need a lot of power for that sub to shine, you can trigger it and the controls are all on the front panel for phase, gain and frequency, what else do you need.

4 hours ago, Pete H said:

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-sa230-230w-subwoofer-amplifier--300-813

I have 2 of these and have used one on the F20 for years as have friends that I've built F20's for.  You don't need a lot of power for that sub to shine, you can trigger it and the controls are all on the front panel for phase, gain and frequency, what else do you need.

Thanks again carl!

Amp does look nice, will have to look into it next month when I have more cash. Never really liked plate amps.

For  now I am going with the yamaha, only 40 bucks so really can't go wrong for a temp. solution. Thanks!

On 3/16/2020 at 12:39 PM, CECAA850 said:

It'll work till you get larger one.

For this, sorry for the confusion. And Pete thanks for the amp reference, I like the features.

Edited by Lbk