Music Room Makeover

Tarheel

Repurposed a home office (14'X14') at lady friends place.  Removed carpet and installed hardwood floors. Replace the equipment cabinet with a sleeker model. Bought 2 Zero Gravity chairs and two floor lamps.

Purchased some new gear too.  Sweet Vinyl Sugar Cube that removes surface noise without removing content.  Bought a Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP that you may have already seen. Using the Spatial M3 Turbo S speakers. 

The equipment cabinet was ordered with a heavy duty slide out turn table shelf ( which was the devil to install).  A rug and narrow table to go betweeen the chairs is on order.

IMG_9661.JPG

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Did you get it all up and running yet Chuck?

Finally......not much fun crawling around the floor at my age.  Thanks for the help.  Listened to the Sugar Cube on an older record and nary a bit of noise.

When LF gets home we will mix a cocktail and have a listening session.  I was a bit concerned about reflection but it sounds fine even without the oriental rug and pad on order.

Came with 8 EL-34s installed and he sent a second 8 KT-120s.

Now what to do with the Horn Monos, Pioneer SX-950, and the ATI 1502.......

10 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

When LF gets home we will mix a cocktail and have a listening session.  I was a bit concerned about reflection but it sounds fine even without the oriental rug and pad on order.

let me know what time to show up (dinner time is the best time).  the last house I bought had hardwood floors throughout and the music still sounded fine. 

• Haha 2

Looks great Chuck!  Love it when a plan comes together.  Thanks for the Sugarcube report too.  Imma thinkin you're both gonna enjoy that PrimaLuna much more than you think.  Give it a couple weeks and you'll still be sitting there in zero gravity shaking your heads.  Just crank it and relax!  :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I still like grasscloth, remember a time when folks were taking it down everywhere like covering the nice hardwood in 1975 with carpet `cause everyone else was doing it.

What did they name the color of those very nice amber-brown chairs, is it like a boot/shoe color name or just brown?

Looking good Chuck!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looks wonderful!!! Good thing the Spatials stuck around, no?

I was in the minority not liking the Prima Luna I had (Prolog amp not Dialogue integrated) but when I swapped out the EL-34 for KT-77s I disliked it less....ringing endorsement for KT-77 I know. I've since put the KT-77 in my VRDs and don't see the KT-88s going back anytime soon. Very smooth but not fat or thick. All the Spatial love got me hunting around for a pair as you know from PM.

I ended up building my own Pure Audio Project clones and to date are very happy with them I was just doing some fine tuning today. Do you find they actually image better with less toe in? Below is a picture early on. I've since given them almost zero toe in and slightly further away from site wall and closer to back wall and they are really sounding nice.

rps20200227_152307.thumb.jpg.33b9808016132a5079a66f24de7468f5.jpg

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, rplace said:

Looks wonderful!!! Good thing the Spatials stuck around, no?

I was in the minority not liking the Prima Luna I had (Prolog amp not Dialogue integrated) but when I swapped out the EL-34 for KT-77s I disliked it less....ringing endorsement for KT-77 I know. I've since put the KT-77 in my VRDs and don't see the KT-88s going back anytime soon. Very smooth but not fat or thick. All the Spatial love got me hunting around for a pair as you know from PM.

I ended up building my own Pro Audio Project clones and to date are very happy with them I was just doing some fine tuning today. Do you find they actually image better with less toe in? Below is a picture early on. I've since given them almost zero toe in and slightly further away from site wall and closer to back wall and they are really sounding nice.

rps20200227_152307.thumb.jpg.33b9808016132a5079a66f24de7468f5.jpg

Still experimenting with toe in.  Recently read an article about extreme toe in where the music axis is slightly in front of you and I'm trying that.  Yes I listed the Spatials on usaudiomart just to fund their new X5s but these sound really wonderful with the Primaluna.  This is the (HP) version for high power.  I am in a happy place and will likely never go back to boxed speakers.  Your speakers look great my friend and I would love to hear them.  Listening to Mandoli Orange Tides of a Teardrop and lady friend has that look in her eyes.  She says I did good!

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:
3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Listening to Mandoli Orange Tides of a Teardrop and lady friend has that look in her eyes.  She says I did good!

You sly dawg you!  Watch out or that zero gravity!  😂   😎

There only zero gravity when one person is on it, then it changes from gravity to friction which is better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3