Klipsch K-510's on eBay The Real Deal!! $60 ea Shipped

jjptkd

9 hours ago, avguytx said:

@jjptkd. What's the general consensus on comparison of using these for a K-500 mid horn replacement in Belles (clones) versus the Eliptrac 400? Definitely a lot of time and effort savings in not having to put them together. 

I honestly don't know the differences between the two it seems like our Chief has a preference and has commented negatively on the elipitrac if I remember correctly. 

I dont even have first hand experience with the k510 but have been using the earlier version from the CF-4 and it is noticeably better imo than the Chorus II / forte II horn same open sound just a bigger presentation 

2 hours ago, jjptkd said:

I honestly don't know the differences between the two it seems like our Chief has a preference and has commented negatively on the elipitrac if I remember correctly. 

I dont even have first hand experience with the k510 but have been using the earlier version from the CF-4 and it is noticeably better imo than the Chorus II / forte II horn same open sound just a bigger presentation 

Yeah, that doesn't surprise me that he wouldn't like the other horn.  But I would venture to say either of these two are better than a K-500 Belle horn at higher volumes for sure.

The horns used on the CF-3 and 4 are darn good....and are the same thing as the Forte III horn but have "mumps", as they call them.

I like your "avatar" pic of Bob C signing your Sunfire amp.  I have an M-1.0t amp and a DTL-200 CD player that are both signed by him.  The company I worked for from 2001 till 2009 were reps for Sunfire (and Elan Home Systems) and we hosted "A Night With Bob Carver" and he signed both of them.  He was surprised in seeing them and commented on how the M-1.0t was pretty much his favorite amp he'd ever worked with through the years.  I guess I have to keep mine as it has my name on it.  ha.  Or, buy a $100 faceplate from that e b a y seller.

BobCarver.jpg

• Like 4

14 hours ago, avguytx said:

@jjptkd. What's the general consensus on comparison of using these for a K-500 mid horn replacement in Belles (clones) versus the Eliptrac 400? Definitely a lot of time and effort savings in not having to put them together. 

Though I haven't compared them both side by side, If memory serves me well from the times I have and are using them both with the same driver, I would opt for this option over the Eliptrac.  Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of the Eliptrac, but for the price of this horn, its hard to beat a good sounding horn.  I am even considering saving my single K510 (especially now that there is a lower cost replacement), purchasing a set of these, and building a different L/C/R.   

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Received 2 pairs of these today they are identical in every way to the originals I have on hand can't beat the price. 

Have you bolted drivers to them yet?  I once had a set of their other horns and thought they were poorly built.  The throat was off center and the mounting flange was not flat. 

49 minutes ago, RetiredUSA said:

would those fit in a belle

Not as they sit, no, but they could.  The Belle horn/tweeter motorboard is 8-3/8" in height and this horn is 9".  The motorboard is a tad smaller to account for the grill cloth wrapped around it to fit into the 8-1/2" opening of the top section.  It's not a major deal for me to make them work as I would have to make new side pieces that are 9-/2" to 10" tall to give enough room to mount the "510" horn and the Crites CT120 tweeter could be mounted either horizontal or vertical beside it.  Plus I still have some ribbon mahogany veneer left.  That is, if I decide to enclose them and use grills.

You could do this to a pair of stock Belles, too, with the same modification but you might have to do something different for the side panels on the top section.  I don't feel wrong in thinking that this would have to sound better than that dinky K-500 horn.  But I've been wrong before.

@Deang  Does the Type AA need any changes with going to a different horn?

image.png.0e1acc1c220f918a3f969145570bebc6.png

image.png.b90d2d91fa6c2683f9653d2679a6321e.png

This is how the "Belle 510" plans look on the top.

image.png.f049b9fb67ec8d620e918712a86769a7.png

On 3/11/2020 at 7:04 PM, jjptkd said:

Received 2 pairs of these today they are identical in every way to the originals I have on hand

Do they have the little circular date stamp/mold on the top/bottom by the flange?

6 hours ago, CANT said:

Do they have the little circular date stamp/mold on the top/bottom by the flange?

Nope but other than that I can see no real difference, same thickness and feel, they line right up with each other.

20200313_142115 (600x800).jpg

20200313_142153 (800x600).jpg

20200313_142206 (800x600).jpg

20200313_142233 (800x600).jpg

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 10:52 AM, The Dude said:

Have you bolted drivers to them yet?  I once had a set of their other horns and thought they were poorly built.  The throat was off center and the mounting flange was not flat. 

I have not tried bolting anything to it yet but will play around with them some this weekend. I did check the mounting flange and it is perfectly flat. Honestly if it weren't for the serial numbers being different I don't think one could tell these apart from the factory horns.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mustang_flht said:

Hi @jjptkd

Bravo for your new K510 🤩

Have you received your HF103s from Faital Pro, if so do you like them? 😜

Thanks man, sure does feel good to have a few sets of these horns laying around.. 

I actually just installed the Faital Pro drivers today, listening to them right now they sound good. After some time I'll start a new thread and give a review of them.

20200313_134656 (800x600).jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

Thanks man, sure does feel good to have a few sets of these horns laying around.. 

I actually just installed the Faital Pro drivers today, listening to them right now they sound good. After some time I'll start a new thread and give a review of them.

20200313_134656 (800x600).jpg

which horn is that?