SWAG dates moved.

10 minutes ago, babadono said:

Keep rubbing it in....I'm still out $800... don't know if I'll afford the rescheduled meeting. I have not given up yet, but what a bunch of jerks, not you guys but the Airline and hotels.com.

I'm waiting for a call back from Expedia.  Not near the amount you're out, but still fighting at the moment. 

2 hours ago, DrumNBassNThePlace said:

I am half glad I didn't book in advance I guess 

I booked in advance, but chose the higher rate per night to pay on arrival. Cancellation was immediate via the web. It also sounds like the best option is to book directly with the property - they have more latitude in cancellation at that point.

16 hours ago, babadono said:

Keep rubbing it in....I'm still out $800... don't know if I'll afford the rescheduled meeting. I have not given up yet, but what a bunch of jerks, not you guys but the Airline and hotels.com.

Credit card company is no help?

On 3/16/2020 at 3:58 PM, babadono said:

Just got refunded for the hotel.  Check our other message board for details that might help and call me if you need to.

11 minutes ago, babadono said:

Thanks @Pete H Pete.

hotels.com method is just put a message "our phones don't work". Been that way for 3 or 4 days now. What a bunch of BS. Since they're affiliated I think I'll start calling Expedia Monday.

This on the hotels.com website:

Customers with Lodging Bookings (non-package/bundle):

• For customers who booked a non-refundable rate prior to March 19, 2020 for stays between March 20, 2020, and April 30, 2020, we will email you in the coming days to ask if you wish to keep or cancel your existing booking. If you decide to cancel, you will be eligible for a full refund or, in some cases, a voucher allowing you to rebook the original property at later dates. There is no need to call us, however you must cancel your booking at least 24-hours before check-in in order to be eligible for this offer.

1 hour ago, babadono said:

Thanks @Pete H Pete.

hotels.com method is just put a message "our phones don't work". Been that way for 3 or 4 days now. What a bunch of BS. Since they're affiliated I think I'll start calling Expedia Monday.

Bottom line is that the Super 8 is not going to charge anyone for cancellations, and that should get you where you need to be on the hotel.  Where are you at with the airlines?

27 minutes ago, Pete H said:

Bottom line is that the Super 8 is not going to charge anyone for cancellations, and that should get you where you need to be on the hotel.  Where are you at with the airlines?

No, bottom line is that if the reservation was made through hotels.com, the Super 8 can do nothing about it because the reservation was made through a third party.  Already spoke to them about it.  Thankfully, hotels.com is stepping up.

• Like 1

Where are you at with the airlines?

I cancelled my ticket(reservation?) what ever they call it after you have paid for it. Then I got an email saying thank you for your cancellation now we can sell your seat to someone else and by the way you're not getting any money back. Oh and we need a bailout from the government.

20 minutes ago, babadono said:

Where are you at with the airlines?

I cancelled my ticket(reservation?) what ever they call it after you have paid for it. Then I got an email saying thank you for your cancellation now we can sell your seat to someone else and by the way you're not getting any money back. Oh and we need a bailout from the government.

Each of the airlines has drastically different policies.  However, I would be very surprised that given current events that they wouldn't refund or credit you for a future ticket.  Policies are changing daily as is this crisis.

1 minute ago, jimjimbo said:

Each of the airlines has drastically different policies.  However, I would be very surprised that given current events that they wouldn't refund or credit you for a future ticket.  Policies are changing daily as is this crisis.

Yea I know and I have not given up. I really want and need to get to get refunded or credited so I can come in Sept. American says don't call us until your flight is less than a week away. So that's next Wednesday.

I called American earlier than the 'less than a week away' (didn't know about that) and was able to cancel my April flight and make reservations for the September SWAG. Left a message with American and someone called me back almost two hours later. Surprisingly the cost for the Sept flight was one cent more, so the lady said it's a straight up transfer, no extra cost. whew

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

No, bottom line is that if the reservation was made through hotels.com, the Super 8 can do nothing about it because the reservation was made through a third party.  Already spoke to them about it.  Thankfully, hotels.com is stepping up.

And mine was made through Expedia, so what's your point?