SWAG dates moved.

10 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

once was the most beautiful city in the world.  heartbroken as to what it has become, but i was there back in the day ... and it was a jewel. 

"The coldest winter I ever saw was the summer I spent in San Francisco." attributed to Mark Twain.

8 minutes ago, babadono said:

Is this a skill that requires a lot of practice?:)

I don't know if it requires practice but California is run by idiots who will pay you to do so and let you sleep where you want. If you need food just walk in any store and leave with what you need since any theft under $900 is a misdemeanor now and they won't arrest you for it. Run out of needles they can help you there too. Drugs needed no problem we will look the other way when you buy sell and use. Also we have FREE medical care for anyone with preference given to homeless and illegals and don't worry we have these nice legal wage earners and home owners who will subsidize you. Come On Down to the land of poop and money.

• Like 2

Yes but you live out there so you still have to pay for the insanity. There are some really pretty spots in CA and it is a shame wrong minded people are ruining it. On another note one of the things that surprised me in the national parks out there was how sparse good hardwoods and wildlife was compared to here in TN where I live. And water. On my 3/4 mile dead end road there are four families who have springs that have never been known to go dry. Gun range down the street at my neighbors and we all are out there at times shooting on our own pieces and no one minds or complains. I traveled around the country working in the early 80's and spent some time in CA and Washington. I chose to live in TN for a number of reasons and each year I am more and more grateful for that choice. Land of Milk and Honey and not Poop and Money.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Pete H said:

Agreed!  Nice place for sure and looks to be a great vantage point for picking off zombies.  

It is nice looking,  just in the wrong state. The back deck looks perfect for a gun range large set of speakers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Joking aside we only have a small lawn area because as Dave has sort of alluded to water is expensive. And where we live it gets so hot and dry at sometimes during the year that it don't matter how much water you put on it, it still looks like sheet. The rest is wild weeds or desert(xeriscape?) type landscaping . And it's a work in progress for sure, I ain't rich enough to have it all done professionally. Remember most of the time I sit around doing nothing:)

P1010031.jpg

P1010032.jpg

P1010033.jpg

P1010040.jpg

P1010041.jpg

• Like 4

The paradox of living in CA. My brother has a home in Ridgecrest where they have a subdivision with 5 acre lots.  Every few houses have a well in common with a tank for storage and no limits on what they use in an area that gets maybe 6.5" of rain a year. He has planted a lot of goodies out there with pistachios being the latest. Drip irrigation and it is odd to see green postage stamps on google earth  in their area surrounded by total desolation.