SWAG dates moved.

Just got a call from my boss to let me know he and his family imposing quarantine at their lake house for the next few weeks because a friend of his daughter who just visited them out there over the weekend has since tested positive. I acknowledge the percentages, but it's this sort of proximity and the mundane nature of it all that leads me to the stance in which I currently find myself. I very likely won't die from it, but I also can't predict how my body will react and I'd rather just avoid finding out.

8 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Just got a call from my boss to let me know he and his family imposing quarantine at their lake house for the next few weeks because a friend of his daughter who just visited them out there over the weekend has since tested positive. I acknowledge the percentages, but it's this sort of proximity and the mundane nature of it all that leads me to the stance in which I currently find myself. I very likely won't die from it, but I also can't predict how my body will react and I'd rather just avoid finding out.

It is funny how the things we do each day for our lifetimes that can sneak up on you. The diabetes from over eating. The hypertension from to much salt or bacon. Circulation problems from overeating. Exposure to bad things we breathe in. After 66 years and over forty of them in welding or smoky work environments I got a minor case of bladder cancer which I guess is from that exact kind of thing. The very biggest killer of all, besides the fact will will all die or at least our bodies will, is life style choices.

A choice to avoid potential exposure is certainly an option easily exercised. Take heart though there is very good news in all this mess.

Here’s The Good COVID-19 News That’s Being Buried By The Press – Issues & Insights

By the way, your music is the gift that keeps giving and I have yet to actually listen to all of it.

• Like 2

This just came through on my wife's phone as a news flash:

Face Masks To Be Required in Tarrant County Businesses Beginning Friday

For those that may not know, Tarrant county includes Fort Worth, Arlington, Grapevine (including most of D/FW International AP), Mansfield, etc. and has ~2.1 million people.

The reason for this move by the county is more than likely that hospital beds are in short supply for the first time.  People don't go to the hospital simply because they have an infection.  They're going there because they have life-threatening symptoms. BTW: there are a lot of hospital beds in the county.  At least one hospital chain has been complaining over the years of this because it puts cost pressure on them (Harris). 

Chris

27 minutes ago, Chris A said:

For those that may not know, Tarrant county includes Fort Worth, Arlington, Grapevine (including most of D/FW International AP), Mansfield, etc. and has ~2.1 million people.

The reason for this move by the county is more than likely that hospital beds are in short supply for the first time.  People don't go to the hospital simply because they have an infection.  They're going there because they have life-threatening symptoms. BTW: there are a lot of hospital beds in the county.  At least one hospital chain has been complaining over the years of this because it puts cost pressure on them (Harris). 

Chris

They start mandatory face masks in the county I live (Jefferson) starting today and running through the end of this month.  Businesses aren't supposed to let you in without one and can be fined up to $1000 if they do.

2 hours ago, Chris A said:

I live in Tarrant county.  In general, I don't like mandates, but I have no issue with this one.  I don't go out often, but I always wear a mask when out.  Mandates like this I suppose are necessary because a lot of people are at best inconsiderate in public.

Yesterday, I had to run to Lowes to get necessities (muriatic acid, fire ant poison) and while checking out, the guy behind me with no mask moved forward to the register while I was still waiting for my receipt (from his clearly marked wait position in the line).  I turned and he was within two feet of me.  I said, "let me get my stuff and get out of your way".  He said "no problem".  I turned and said, "yes there is a problem, you are right on my butt" (I may have used the a-word).

End of vent, back to regular SWAG programming.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...