The Klipsch Audio Community

I make it a point to book directly with hotel property and go so far as to verify the area code I’m calling. Much more personal service when dealing with the front desk or that hotels reservation clerk. In my traveling days my secretary would also book direct to the hotel where they have direct knowledge of discounts, room layout etc. When a new CEO thought it best to use a travel agency it was a cluster. I knew what airline flight, what hotel(s) would put me in the location and time schedule I needed to follow. I started doing my own itineraries and scheduling. I was asked why I wasn’t traveling much as I never showed up on the agency’s billing. I explained my thinking and after some head shaking went on to book another trip. 

• Like 1

^ A rebel,  I said a rebel you was Richieb.

hotels.com came through with cancellation option. Took advantage this morning. Also called Avis/Budget told them i wouldn't be showing up for the car rental. They thanked me for letting them know, luckily they don't make you PAY up front. So that leaves American Airlines as my last hurdle.

33 minutes ago, babadono said:

hotels.com came through with cancellation option. Took advantage this morning. Also called Avis/Budget told them i wouldn't be showing up for the car rental. They thanked me for letting them know, luckily they don't make you up front. So that leaves American Airlines as my last hurdle.

One down, one to go.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2020 at 4:14 PM, babadono said:

So that leaves American Airlines as my last hurdle.

Stocks up a little today, quick, call the bast@rds.

Ok got through to American Air. They would not refund but would change the ticket to the new date free of change fees or penalty. So I 'm good to see all you jerkoffs in Sept.:)

Praying things are quite a way back towards normal by then.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, babadono said:

They would not refund but would change the ticket to the new date free of change fees or penalty. So I 'm good to see all you jerkoffs in Sept.

now you gotta go spend time with them or eat the money.  geez, sounds like you really got burnt on this deal. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, babadono said:

Yea and we want YOU there too BSM:emotion-21:

@BigStewMan

4 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Yep, no excuses.

I have a good excuse ... it's September.  I'd be lying in my hotel room unable to breath in that humidity. 

@BigStewMan I know you're not joking about the asthma but don't think Sept in California where it is still freaking summer, even possibly the hottest part of summer. Think  Sept. in  Arkansas, I'm told it could actually be pleasant. We're talking last weekend in Sept. almost Oct. Warm in the day, pleasant. Cool in the evening, bonfire, glass of bourbon. Yea buddy!