SWAG dates moved.

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2020 at 11:57 AM, babadono said:

Sweet. SWAG is a GO.

You didn't crash the party? Your slipping:)

Evelyn was with me.

GPS took us through several farmers property.  Remind me to tell you that story in September.

12 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Evelyn was with me.

GPS took us through several farmers property.  Remind me to tell you that story in September.

I figured E kept things under the hood:)

other farmer's property....MOO...

On 6/16/2020 at 11:57 AM, babadono said:

Sweet. SWAG is a GO.

Unless there is a vaccine or some sort of preventative treatment available before then, I will not be able to attend the event, unfortunately.  We lost the mother of one of our church elders this week who lived in San Antonio--less than a week after she contracted the disease due to an apparent in-house health worker infection or doctor's office visit.  The elder whose mother died is also sick with SARS-CoV-2 presently...very sick. 

It's not getting better--it's getting much worse. This is serious.  And the national news isn't helping, i.e., "I've asked that we start to slow down testing".  Elected politicians are opening up and not enforcing at least masks--without actually getting the infection under control or introducing any real safeguards to do that (ostensibly due to this being an election year).  They also will not allow voting online here...but we can bank and pay our taxes online. (Idiots. They at least know what's going to happen in November if they did...I'll give them credit for that.)

Sorry for bowing out but it's way beyond my control.

Chris

• Like 1

This is but one of the advertised "happenings" that's 2.5 miles from my home right now: https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/coronavirus/44-residents-staff-test-positive-for-coronavirus-at-arlington-assisted-living-facility/2384266/.    I suppose that one got into the news because of the deaths. It's up to 4 or 5 that last I heard. 

A Baylor U. professor of epidemiology I know (took pictures of her wedding) mentioned that "it's going to get bad early in July".  That was a few days ago.  She also mentioned that it isn't going to get better anytime soon and will extend well into the fall, unless changes in the enforcement of protective gear goes into effect or a new lock down occurs.

Chris

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chris A said:

This is but one of the advertised "happenings" that's 2.5 miles from my home right now: https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/coronavirus/44-residents-staff-test-positive-for-coronavirus-at-arlington-assisted-living-facility/2384266/.    I suppose that one got into the news because of the deaths. It's up to 4 or 5 that last I heard. 

A Baylor U. professor of epidemiology I know (took pictures of her wedding) mentioned that "it's going to get bad early in July".  That was a few days ago.  She also mentioned that it isn't going to get better anytime soon and will extend well into the fall, unless changes in the enforcement of protective gear goes into effect or a new lock down occurs.

Chris

Assisted living facilities are bad I agree.  The venue has plenty of room for social distancing and it won't be open to the general public.  It also wouldn't be hard to have attendees test themselves prior to coming.  We'll probably discuss this and other things as the time approaches.

If it is a go I will be there. The percentage of people effected is so small as a percentage of population, especially when you exclude the small group of elderly with complications so susceptible to this, that I do not worry. I understand those who won't be there and surely would have liked to meet them.

1 hour ago, Dave A said:

The percentage of people effected is so small as a percentage of population, especially when you exclude the small group of elderly with complications so susceptible to this, that I do not worry.

So Rudy--who's both younger than both of us and in much better physical shape (an airline pilot that has to pass rigorous physicals)--likely was close to death in a hospital three months ago.  And you're still not worried. Did you already forget? 

Anyone that chooses to roll the dice and is over 50 to me apparently doesn't value life very much.  What could you possibly value in this sort of event to play the odds and chance it? Not anything that I value that much.

Chris