Hifi Classic

willland

Never really spent a lot of time going through the reviews of this site but some really interesting and cool classic gear reviewed.  Some I have owned and enjoyed.

http://www.hifi-classic.net/products/klipsch

http://www.hifi-classic.net/

Bill

Klipsch Reviews

Klipsch Chorus
Speaker System

Klipsch Chorus Review

The Klipsch Chorus three-way speaker system is based on a 15-inch woofer, with a 3-inch voice coil and a 6-pound magnet, operating in a ported enclosure. The middle and high frequencies...
Klipsch Forte
Speaker System

Klipsch Forte Review

The Klipsch Forte is a three-way floor-standing speaker system that combines a vented direct-radiator woofer with horn-loaded compression drivers for the midrange and high frequencies....
Klipsch kg2
Speaker System

Klipsch kg2 Review

The Klipsch kg2 (pronounced "kay-gee two") is a compact two-way speaker system with a passive radiator to extend the bass response of its woofer. The 8-inch woofer has a 2-1/2-inch-diameter...
Klipsch kg3
Speaker System

Klipsch kg3 Review

The Klipsch kg3 is a moderate-price two-way system that combines extended bass response and high sensitivity in a compact and attractive package. It is also the smallest and least expensive...
Klipsch kg4
Speaker System

Klipsch kg4 Review

The Klipsch kg4 is a two-way floor-standing speaker system featuring unusually high efficiency (for a home speaker) combined with an extended, smooth frequency response. Its handsomely...
Page 1 of 1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Interesting reading the Chorus review versus the forte review, both are great speakers and I've often said that preference for one over the other could easily vary based on room / placement & equipment matching / type of music etc. 

A pair of Chorus 1's mated with an RSW-15 is a pretty wicked combo IMO.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, billybob said:

As awesome as the II's are, it has become somewhat obvious that more now appreciate The Chorus. 

I know everyone has their own experiences and preferences but I still remember the first time I did a true A/B (as close as I could anyway) test between the I's & the II's and my immediate impression was that they more alike than different. 

The openness and smoothness of the larger Tractrix horn seems to come at a cost of sharpness and precision of the exponential horn IMO but of course that varies greatly on what you're feeding them. 

• Thanks 1

Those where some great reviews
Most of the reviews out there are very biased in a negative way when it comes to using horns in home speakers
It was nice to read about how and why Klipsch speakers sound the way they do and how they shine over other more expensive speakers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need to hook up my kg4’s with my H1’s for my turntable system. My wife wanted to change up the tv room and now I have all my svs speakers for the front, different sound for sure, but still nice clear sound with the svs. But I’m a diehard Klipsch man. Lol
476662dc96609b05cc1310c683713b11.jpg
Look mom, no horns. [emoji33]8bba69700419e8491d32ff7545291efc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 6 months later...