SOLD Instant LP collection

rplace

Sold, thanks Klipsch forums!

Currently I am not willing to sell individual LPs. I’d like to sell them in one lot. Price net to me + Medial Mail Shipping, or what other method you like. PLEASE don’t ask me to sell you individual LPs or specific groups. I don’t want to mess with shipping out lots of shipments.

Condition: I’ve has zero luck finding any consistency buying used LPs online with visual grading standards like Goldmine. Ultimately, to me, what matters is how they sound. None of these LP are going to be archive quality for the Library of Congress. They will all play very nicely. Some have cleaned on my VPI vacuum others are how I received them 2nd hand. I’ve played several some are near perfect; others have some surface noise in quiet passages and occasional ticks and pops. None are beaters or terrible. They are all more than acceptable for critical listening on a decent system. I’ll make individual notes where appropriate and point out the good and the bad.

If you get them and you feel I’ve misrepresented them. Send them back for a refund you’ll only be out the shipping both ways. I’m not looking to get rich hear just clean out some of the clutter for stuff I don’t/won’t listen to anymore as most of my LPs are now high-quality reissues or perfect originals.

$400 – Or best reasonable offer. Might be interested in trades. Let me know what you got via PM. Pictures to follow. Any questions about specific LPs, just PM me and we will work out the pressing, dead wax marks, etc.

The Doors – 7LP Box Set RHINO Vinyl 74881 with Lizard Skin box. All studio LPs with mono and stereo of first LP + 45 of Lite My Fire. I have two copies of this so selling one. This set came with ripped shrink wrap back in 2006/07. I opened it up and saw seam splits from shipping in several covers. Contacted the vendor and they sent replacement covers. I'm including both sets. The LPs have never been played but it has been opened. 

Yes:

Fragile – Gatefold original sleeve, some sort of insert/poster. I listened to side one yesterday when sorting them. Played very nicely. Glossy vinyl. I can’t imagine finding a nicer one in a used store.

Close to the edge – Slip cover and audiophile sleeve tell me this one was well loved. Original sleeve inside. Similar shape to Fragile above. Hairline scratch on one side when I slid it out of the sleeve.

90125 – Original sleeve. Looks like it has never been played. I’m sure it has

Emerson Lake & Palmer:

Love Beach – Atlantic Records Promotional Copy, NOT FOR SALE in gold on front cover. Timing strip and track list. Most likely a record station copy. Rubber stamped Dec 2 1978. Vinyl looks great, glossy and clean. Factory sleeve. Original sleeve and catalog/insert for buying other ELP stuff inside.

Pictures at an Exhibition – Gatefold. Heavy/thick vinyl that is very clean. Should play great. Factory sleeve.

Works Volume 1 – Trifold cover with great packaging. 12-15 page “Programme” inside. Glossy, very clean vinyl.

Brain Salad Surgery – Original funky cover with poster inside. Vinyl is not quite as glossy as the others, looks to be played a few times. Probably could use a cleaning but should play nicely.

Trilogy – Gatefold cover in very nice shape. Original sleeve inside. Vinyl is an audiophile paper sleeve with plastic center. Vinyl is glossy and looks to be in great shape.

Chicago:

Chicago (I assume 1 the LP with 25 or 6 to 4), Chicago V, Chicago VII

Audiophile sleeves and plastic covers for Chicago and VIII, V has original sleeve and two posters one color and B&W. Vinyl on all are very nice should play great. Chicago has initials from original owner on one side of each of the double LPs. All 3 would be a nice find in any used record store

Led Zeppelin – Mother ship 4 LP box set. 180g Pressed at RTI

Still sealed in factory Shrink Wrap. Perfect in every way.

Frank Sinatra – Nice ‘n’ easy

Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs Original Master Recording. It sounds fantastic. Frequently played to gauge system changes. Rice Paper sleeve, original inserts. Cover is super nice. Vinyl is in great shape. I have the MOFI box set so this is a duplicate.

The Who – By Numbers

Classic Records 200 Gram SV-P Super Vinyl Profile. Still Sealed, perfect.

Jethro Tull – Thick as a brick MS 2072. I can’t imagine finding a better used copy. All original “stuff” included. Rice paper audiophile sleeve. Clean and shiny.

Steely Dan – Katy Lied. Great shape. I listened to it about a week ago and no issues that I recall.

Steppenwolf – Gold Their Greatest Hits. Cover shows shelf wear, record could use a cleaning. Looks pretty good, not great.

The Mama & the Papas – 20 Greatest Hits. Original Shrink wrap. Glossy vinyl, looks very nice

Aerosmith – Toys in the Attic. Nice cover. Vinyl look to be in great shape, some finger prints and light scuffs. Could use a cleaning.

ZZ Top Eliminator – Good cover. Vinyl looks a bit dirty but more than acceptable.

Jim Croce – I got a Name. No sleeve. This would be a fantastic garage sale find but just an okay record store find.

Grateful Dead – From the Mars Hotel. Cover has shelf wear and Julie written on the cover. Rice paper sleeve. Vinyl is nice but not perfect. This was my playing copy until I sourced a MFSL version.

Bob Dylan – Slow Train Coming. Very nice cover. Factory sleeve. Vinyl is glossy and clean.

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young – 4 Way Street. Heavy cover shelf wear. Factory sleeves and lyrics sheet. Vinyl has surface scratches and dust. Needs a cleaning for sure.

The Honey Drippers – Volume One. Nice cover small cut out on bottom. Vinyl has several light scratches and dust. I’d guess it will clean up nicely and play just fine. If I were shopping and wanted this LP I’d not be scared by the condition but I’d be suspect.

Ian Hunter – Welcome to the Club, LIVE. Very nice cover. Factory Chrysalis audiophile sleeves. Vinyl is in very nice shape. Looks to have very little play.

Tom Waite – No Brakes. Nice cover, bend lower right. Ripped factory sleeve. Vinyl has a couple of light scratches. Should play just fine.

Elton John – Caribou. Factory Shrink Wrap, nice cover small ding lower right. Some finger prints and dust. Should clean up nice.

Jimi Hendrix – Jimi. Shelf wear on cover split on bottom. Vinyl looks unplayed.

Crosby Nash – Live. Owners initial on upper right cover cut out lower right other than that nice shape. Vinyl has surface scratches and some dust but should clean up nicely.

Foghat – Fool for the City. Nice cover, factory sleeve. Vinyl is really nice overall. Would be a great record store find if you were on the hunt for it.

King Crimson – Beat. Factory shrink wrap. Factory sleeve with lyrics. Vinyl is not glossy but in very good shape. Looks to have very little if any handing/play.

REO Speedwagon – High in Fidelity – Cover is in nice shape if you wanted to display it. Vinyl is well handled with surface scratches and finger prints. Might clean up just fine. Might be a dog, tough to tell

Foreigner – 4. Cover is nice. Vinyl shows signs of use but not abuse. Average record store find.

REO Speedwagon – Wheels are Turnin’. Factory shrink wrap, hype sticker. Interesting “strobeoscopic” sleeve that is uncut/used. Vinyl has finger prints but looks like it would clean up nicely.

Mike Oldfield – Ommadawn. Nice cover. Factory sleeve and audiophile sleeve. Vinyl is clean, glossy and in very nice shape.

Spyro Gyra:

Carnaval – Factory shrink wrap nice cover. Vinyl is dusty with a couple of paper scuffs. Should clean up very nicely

Morning Dance – Great cover. Factory sleeve with lyrics. Clean vinyl in very nice shape.

David Sanborn Band – Promise me the Moon. Factory Shrink, great cover. Factory sleeve vinyl looks unplayed.

Thelonious Monk – Monk Prestige PR24006. Decent cover some shelf wear. Vinyl show signs of handing, light scratches, fingerprints. Should clean up decent.

David Grisman – Acoustic Christmas. Nice cover, insert for hard to find records. Vinyl is in very nice shape.

Herb Alpert and Tijuana Brass – Christmas Album. Nice cover. No sleeve, glossy vinyl but several surface scratches. Needs a cleaning and will probably respond nicely.

Duke Ellington – At Newport. Live Newport Jazz Festival. Old Columbia 6-eye CL 934. I played it yesterday. It has surface noise throughout but is a very solid player copy. Buena Vista sleeve and generic white cover.

Glenn Miller – Pure Gold greatest hits. Factory shrink original price tag. Vinyl is good, few hairline scratches, glossy and bright.

Columbia Record Club – Demonstration Record. Columbia  6-eye label. Audiophile slip cover and sleeve. This is a very old LP. Vinyl is surprisingly nice shape. Very glossy, bright just a few hairline scratches.

Dave Brebeck – Greatest Hits. Columbia CL 2484 2-eye. Nice cover, Audiophile slip cover and sleeve. Listened to is yesterday. Very playable copy with very little noise.

Variouis artists – I like Jazz. Columbia JZ1? Funky factory plastic sleeve. Vinyl is very heavy. This is an old LP. Dirty and dusty but looks to be in good shape otherwise. I’d think it will clean up nicely.

Winton Marsalis – Columbia FC 37574. Nice cover and factory sleeve. Small bits of dust stuck to the vinyl but looks virtually unhandled and un-played.

Nat King Cole – Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Summer. Capitol ST 1932. Great cover for the age. Nice vinyl. Some surface marks but overall, very good.

Wynton Marsalis – Think of One. Nice cover and factory sleeve/insert. Vinyl has a few surface scratches here and there, glossy.

Bradford Marsalis – Romances for Saxophone. CBS Masterworks. Nice cover, masterworks factory sleeve and insert. Vinyl is very glossy and clean, looks very nice.

Marvin Gay -Live. Cover has shelf wear and rounded corners. Gatefold cover with boots cut out inside. Vinyl shows lots of use and surface scratches. For sure needs a cleaning and might respond well but not holding out too much hope.

Supremes – More Hits. Motown MT-627. Cover has some mold on the bottom left, audiophile cover and sleeve. I played it yesterday. Some surface noise in quiet places but very playable. Has that Motown slam to it. I was tapping my toes and grooving to the music.

Dean Martin:

Welcome to my World. Reprise 6250 Stereo. Cover like it was in a time capsule. Not really my cup of tea but this LP is really well recorded. Plays very nicely. Great vocals and arrangement. Will not disappoint. Mix up a real cocktail and kick back.

Dean Martin Hits Again. Reprise 6146 MONO. Cover and factory sleeve in very nice condition. Vinyl has some surface scuffs and could use a cleaning but very presentable.

Air Supply:

Lost in Love. Cover is nice. Vinyl has some scuffs and smudges. Will clean up nice.

The one that you LOVE. Nice cover. Factory sleeve and insert to buy Air Supply stuff. Vinyl needs a cleaning with finger prints and marks.

Pat Benatar – Crimes of Passion. Nice cover. Vinyl needs a cleaning with finger prints and marks.

Olivia Newton John – Totally Hot. Nice cover, factory sleeve with lyrics. Vinyl looks like it will clean up nicely, glossy but a few marks and prints.

Rock on.  (Jazz on?).  

Didn't get a chance to bid on the collection, and congrats to buyer and seller.  

Members of the forum seem to have better quality equipment/accessories/ sources of music than the mainstream.  

I'm always on the lookout for good stuff.  That's why I check the garage sale.  

Next time, maybe I will be quicker on the draw...

• Like 2