Have you cleaned your amp lately??

Mighty Favog

Back in the days of paper capacitors and cotton wire insulation, this would have been a problem. With modern materials, as long as you blow all of the water out with compressed air afterward to prevent mold and mildew, it probably won't hurt a thing. I've actually done it with calculators and TV remotes, after a dose of the Pepsi Syndrome.

9 minutes ago, Edgar said:

Back in the days of paper capacitors and cotton wire insulation, this would have been a problem. With modern materials, as long as you blow all of the water out with compressed air afterward to prevent mold and mildew, it probably won't hurt a thing. I've actually done it with calculators and TV remotes, after a dose of the Pepsi Syndrome.

He needs to put some rice in there to soak up the water. 

Where is this guy going to get some rice??

28 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

He needs to put some rice in there to soak up the water. 

Where is this guy going to get some rice??

If you can't get rice, toilet paper will soak it up nicely.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Randyh said:

I  use a  pressure washer ,

Good idea, never thought of that.

And to dry it off just plug it in, well to be safe after you drain most of the water off. 

• Haha 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, sunburnwilly said:

Pfft , mines lucky if I wipe it off every couple years

I know, I might wipe the top off but never really open them up. Just think of it as a little blanket for the inside. :lol:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, boom3 said:

When I had a Pioneer SX-1250, my old cat liked to lay on it because it got toasty warm even at idle. Every year or so I took the case off and cleaned out the cat hair that created shorts between the outputs

One of the court reporters I worked with used to do the transcribing at home. Her cat would get its hair in between the contacts of the foot peddle. It wasn't my job but they used to bring me such gear to fix, if I could, before it gets sent out to the pros.