Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mighty Favog

Have you cleaned your amp lately??

Recommended Posts

I would recommend disconnecting from the AC powerline first.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to clean tube equipment with trichlo while the equipment was running and online. It worked ok but I am now dead from the fumes.

JJK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least he did a great job.  Now the amp won't overheat anymore.   My savior. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back in the days of paper capacitors and cotton wire insulation, this would have been a problem. With modern materials, as long as you blow all of the water out with compressed air afterward to prevent mold and mildew, it probably won't hurt a thing. I've actually done it with calculators and TV remotes, after a dose of the Pepsi Syndrome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Edgar said:

Back in the days of paper capacitors and cotton wire insulation, this would have been a problem. With modern materials, as long as you blow all of the water out with compressed air afterward to prevent mold and mildew, it probably won't hurt a thing. I've actually done it with calculators and TV remotes, after a dose of the Pepsi Syndrome.

He needs to put some rice in there to soak up the water. 

 

Where is this guy going to get some rice??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

He needs to put some rice in there to soak up the water. 

 

Where is this guy going to get some rice??

 

If you can't get rice, toilet paper will soak it up nicely.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must be a water shortage where he lives, I would rather a garden hose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Randyh said:

I  use a  pressure washer ,

Good idea, never thought of that.

 

And to dry it off just plug it in, well to be safe after you drain most of the water off. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Randyh said:

It actually wont even make any sound either

I dunno.   I bet if he plugged it in and fired it up, the sound that came out of it would be magical. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Randyh said:

watch this --------------

 

 

3 minutes and 40 seconds in and yes, it was funny. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sunburnwilly said:

Pfft , mines lucky if I wipe it off every couple years

I know, I might wipe the top off but never really open them up. Just think of it as a little blanket for the inside. :lol:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you hugged your amp today?

Hugs to my Heresy😍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I had a Pioneer SX-1250, my old cat liked to lay on it because it got toasty warm even at idle. Every year or so I took the case off and cleaned out the cat hair that created shorts between the outputs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, boom3 said:

When I had a Pioneer SX-1250, my old cat liked to lay on it because it got toasty warm even at idle. Every year or so I took the case off and cleaned out the cat hair that created shorts between the outputs

 

One of the court reporters I worked with used to do the transcribing at home. Her cat would get its hair in between the contacts of the foot peddle. It wasn't my job but they used to bring me such gear to fix, if I could, before it gets sent out to the pros.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG is all I've got to say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...