Big Altec Speakers for sale / Not Mine !

twistedcrankcammer

17 minutes ago, Randyh said:

the seller is nuts , you can build new ones , much cheaper with 4x8 sheets -and unless you own an arena  they will sound like shit -

That is cheaper than new Klipschorns or Jubilees. I believe you are mistaken on what they might fetch, but it WILL take the right buyer. I could easily see these going to Japan...

Rog

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Randyh said:

we tore up 32 of these for fire wood not too long  ago  --------we tried to give them away ------no takers -  

That's too bad / sad. Complete with horns and drivers? 

1 hour ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

That is cheaper than new Klipschorns or Jubilees. I believe you are mistaken on what they might fetch, but it WILL take the right buyer. I could easily see these going to Japan...

Rog

I sold an A5, you're right in that there are people buying these. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Randyh said:

A5 's are dime a dozen

The one A5 (1...single) I sold not a week ago, I can buy used Khorns and not have to add any money out of pocket. With people's reaction here about the ones for sale and you saying they are worthless, and you saying the A5 is worthless, I am wondering if Rog is right.

3 minutes ago, Randyh said:

the Altec A1 of 1945 was the biggest ever speaker ever designed   -it was taller and  wider than   the A4   by 2 feet  ----- 2 cabs were bolted together with wings  ------I worked with A4 's for 20 years ,  but I never saw an A1  - ever ,  anywhere   -------it was just too big  to fit anywhere , my guess is these would have to be assembled on site -------

I grew up with Altec Lansing speakers. Dad, uncles, friends all had different Altec Lansing equipment until they just up and quit. Many have switched to Klipsch since.

• Like 1