Big Altec Speakers for sale / Not Mine !

twistedcrankcammer

1 minute ago, Randyh said:

well the A-5 must have been loaded to the hilt -

No, the woofer surround was gone. The cabinet had water damage on the back at the bottom and was rough all over. The sticker logos on the sides and back were all but gone. When I listed it, I was being contacted buy people all over the world, literally.  The guy who bought it came from states away. He will triple his money. 

BTW, I will not be buying Khorns with the money. I bought 3 motorcycles within the past 10 months and unlike speakers, they eat hay. 

7 minutes ago, Randyh said:

actually the speakers were stored for years with very little or no interest from the industry ,  everything is line array standard gear now   no wants to fiddle with such huge speakers , you need a lift , a semi , and an army to move this stuff around -these speakers came out of   a chain of cinema  theaters that were renovated into smaller cinema theaters that now have multile theathers in 1 theater

There's not a lot of people buying MCM-1900 either, but hopefully no one is burning them. 

And I haven't been to a theater for several years that I liked the sound system. There is one I want to go to that has four KPT-1802 and is a fully horn loaded theater. 

WOW!  I remember my first week with ALTEC - met Bob Ancha at McCormick Place in Chicago - he showed me racks of Altec-Green amplifiers, fired up the system with some Rock'N'Roll, we walked out to the exhibit showfloor, he pointed up. 48 ALTEC A7's firing down - distributed array - on the ceiling!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HiFi Heaven said:

WOW!  I remember my first week with ALTEC - met Bob Ancha at McCormick Place in Chicago - he showed me racks of Altec-Green amplifiers, fired up the system with some Rock'N'Roll, we walked out to the exhibit showfloor, he pointed up. 48 ALTEC A7's firing down - distributed array - on the ceiling!

There are some models on the Gainsville, Fla... craigslist

22 minutes ago, Mighty Favog said:

Anybody catch thus little guy??

Yes, I had an old pair of these. There are / was a pair for sale in the Garage sale section not that long ago. 

Linky

14 minutes ago, hanksjim1 said:

yeah...that's the subwoofer 😉

lol no

The Karolson won't go sub.