What do you put on your feet?

mr clean

Choppin' wood? Shoveling snow? Steel-toed Red Wings!! Things felt/fit better than my regular shoes.

Elementary school: Hush Puppy's

Pro-skateboarding days: Converse Dr. J's hightops and lowtops.

Now: Just till they wear out, I found a couple pairs of Van's and Van's Half-Cabs in the closet.

Nike: Swore those off when every pair started squeeking after a few weeks from the footbed.

When a real winter hits again: Merrell, but the soles wear too fast for me.

Formal: Nunn Bush from Kohl's for $29.

• Like 2

I try to not wear things on my feet. It's a little harsh for me to do that here ... I do know a guy that only puts shoes on when he enters establishments with the No Shirt No Shoes .... You can barefoot around here. You do need to pay attention to what you are stepping on.

Rambling...

I wear sandals. Tevas for hiking/fishing...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I try to not wear things on my feet. It's a little harsh for me to do that here ... I do know a guy that only puts shoes on when he enters establishments with the No Shirt No Shoes .... You can barefoot around here. You do need to pay attention to what you are stepping on.

Rambling...

I wear sandals. Tevas for hiking/fishing...

Western Diamondback, Gila, Scorpion, ?  Ouchhh. LoL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

more subtle stuff like mesquite thorns, clumps of cactus... but, yes critters do figure into the equation. I stumble bum around and make lots of noise to give them a chance to leave.  Only run into a couple of nasties at the lake. A Gila Monster... they aren't a real threat. And a Mojave Rattler.  These can be ornery. Know to be ill tempered. This one was no exception. Green bastards anyway... We managed to get around each other. I was on the look out for it on my way back. Saw it, laying on the bank waiting...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

when I was on Kauai, it was slippers or barefoot.  

felt soled tabis for reef walking.  They're slipper socks with a special sole... Good for climbing slimy beach rocks, too.

one time I was in the water in Kona ... sharp rocks felt like I was walking on broken glass. 

• Like 1

To be sure grasshopper,

Liked those rubber slip on slippers

for wading,slippery rocks and such.

Not sure either about a green color

snake out there.

Got a blackhead coachwhip here

Snake wasn't too agressive , as I stumbled upon it. Fast snake.