Anyone see a generic version of these??

Mighty Favog

Do you weld or know someone who does? For the cost of the 1" square tubing, plastic feet, a rattle can of paint and a case of beer, you can make them for well under $100. If you have a body shop friend, he could hit them with some quality automotive paint and you'd still be under $100.  

tubing.thumb.png.2fa90488f0c7b17481bba6e999b004c8.png

6 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Do you weld or know someone who does? For the cost of the 1" square tubing, plastic feet, a rattle can of paint and a case of beer, you can make them for well under $100. If you have a body shop friend, he could hit them with some quality automotive paint and you'd still be under $100.  

tubing.thumb.png.2fa90488f0c7b17481bba6e999b004c8.png

I've never welded before. There is one here at the house, a small wire feed CH, but I've never touched it. I'm more of a wood person.

13 minutes ago, Mighty Favog said:

I've never welded before. There is one here at the house, a small wire feed CH, but I've never touched it. I'm more of a wood person.

Yeah, those aren't to be taken on for a first time job. Due to drawing (shrinking), welding will take something that was square and leave it in a twist. 

It was just a thought. 

A high school student in a vocational welding department would like that project, but...

• Like 1

It's easy until you try it.  First you must purchase the square tubing which looks like 1" x 1/8" thickness. (not very cheap) Then you have to make the angle cuts (By the drawing you made)  if your pretty good with a hacksaw or purchase a 500 dollar cutoff saw. Then clean off the ends of the steel ( a new body grinder or bench grinder) and secure it properly with clamps. (Clamps aren't cheap either) Tac weld the joints first so you don't warp the crap out of it. Don't forget to set the feed and heat of the mig welder. ($500.00) And purchase the argon bottle ($75.00) while your at it and turn it on. (Gauges $150.00)  And don't forget the helmut ($60.00) or you will go blind. The mig wire is also not free. All this stuff is done on a metal bench which is not free either. You will need a drill and drill bits to drill mounting holes if you fasten  it to something. Then paint it with something. And that opens up a pandora's box of new required equipment. MY MY, what a piece of cake.

JJK

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mighty Favog said:

LOL! Figures, I was next door in Auto Mechanics. 

Wish you were closer, we could make them at no cost. I have the materials and equipment, and more than likely the paint. 

2 minutes ago, Shiva said:

How about something a little more organic and woody.  The price is for two stands.  Free shipping too. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Made-Heavy-Duty-large-Speaker-Stands-14-SOLID-OAK-Wood/184135209482?hash=item2adf50520a:g:oyoAAOSwat9ebclB

1 minute ago, Mighty Favog said:

Now THAT'S closer to what I'm looking for!

Those look nicer than the metal ones, too. Make some to match or contrast your desk. 

• Like 2

I'm prolly buttin' in where I don't belong but @Mighty Favog aren't you in Cincinnati? I don't know why I think that, remembering something but don't recall what. Lexington ain't that far away. You and @Woofers and Tweeters could swap lies and swat flies. And you get some near free speaker stands

A course it all moot if you really want wood stands.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mighty Favog said:

Now THAT'S closer to what I'm looking for!

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

How about something a little more organic and woody.  The price is for two stands.  Free shipping too. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Made-Heavy-Duty-large-Speaker-Stands-14-SOLID-OAK-Wood/184135209482?hash=item2adf50520a:g:oyoAAOSwat9ebclB

Be a little careful with that seller. 70 people out of 1300 gave negative reviews. 

• Like 1